jesel rocker shaft setups.. >

jesel rocker shaft setups..

Notices

jesel rocker shaft setups..

Old 02-16-2003, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jesel rocker shaft setups..

I am looking at purchasing a jesel rocker shaft system for the small block. I think they label as the "street series". They sell for around $695. In my mind this looks like a very good setup, resulting in no guideplates, or rocker studs to break. Plus it ties all the rockers together for of a stiffer valvetrain. I haven't found much coverage on them except in a few magazine articles.

Does anyone have any advice or opinions on the jesel setup?

I can get them from jesel for $695, does anybody else sell them for less or not?

Thanks guys

Travis
Old 02-16-2003, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the expensive Jesels on my BBC. They are the only way to go if you are running solid lifters. My lash doesn't move. On a hydraulic cammed motor under 6500 RPM you really don't need them. I would never tell you not to use something better if you have the cash. Personally on a SBC if I were going with a Jesel rocker I would go solid roller all the way. The valve train issues don't exist on SBC like they do on BBC and there is 40 or so HP just sitting there. My dads solid roller lifters felt like brand new after 7 seasons of abuse. We are putting new springs and lifters in this year with some head work or maybe new heads, but everything looks great. Use the Jesels and take advantage of some extra HP with solid rollers!! My 02!
Old 02-16-2003, 04:29 PM
Registered

Wette vette.... You have a thing for solids don't ya

I was just thinkin of using this setup for more realibilty... like broken rocker studs for example.. I thought this setup would just make the whole valvetrain a little more stronger. I ran a set of crane gold roller rockers last season.. When I took them off and looked them over.. some of them had rough spots in the bearings...They didn't feel to good. I can't risk anything breaking. I even sold my backup motor to pay for some new parts... If I could run a shaft setup that was a little more money then roller rockers, studs and guideplates, I will if they seem to be good quality like ambusher says about T & D 's

Ambusher... What problems were being had with the cheaper jesel's?........ does T & D have a website ?...

Thanks bro
Old 02-17-2003, 10:15 AM
Registered

I agree with the T&D statement..........Pick up a drag race magazine.........I've seen the new jesels knocked because of failure a few times in the last year.

Use the T&D's instead of the new jesels. I'd even consider a good stainless rocker, like crower, or comp cams with a stud girdle, as opposed to these.

If I recall correctly, merc used T&D shaft rockers in their 800's with the kinsler fuel injection, and they held up well.

Just my humble opinion.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:31 AM
blown1500

What Ratchet said!!!!

Old 02-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with:
Ratchet
Wette Vette
and Ambusher !
If your going to use Jesel's use the expensive ones (Have them on my BB with no problems) Or use the inexpensive T & D's .. a put a damn solid roller in that SB !
Ratchet got over 300 hours on his and his idea of maintence is loading the cooler beer, firing the motors up and holding them WFO!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Registered

Originally posted by 26scarab
I agree with:
Ratchet
Wette Vette
and Ambusher !
If your going to use Jesel's use the expensive ones (Have them on my BB with no problems) Or use the inexpensive T & D's .. a put a damn solid roller in that SB !
Ratchet got over 300 hours on his and his idea of maintence is loading the cooler beer, firing the motors up and holding them WFO!!!
Correction......just shy of 400 hrs, and Chucky is right.........SOLID ROLLER.................

Used the crower aluminum enduros, with the 7/16 studs & stud girdles. Once everything was broke in, I lashed the valves once a season, & checked them at mid season, with no issues ever. Small blocks are pretty good with the valve train cause everything is straight.

The cam I'm using is crower P/N 00426, with the 1.6 rockers.

Specs:
[email protected] - 250/252
Lift - .570 / .584 with the 1.5 rockers, or .608 / .622 with the 1.6 rockers (then take away your lash)

Idles awesome & has a hell of a mid range punch !

RJ
Old 02-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, the rebuild was just cuz it was about time, not cause anythng broke.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:07 PM
Registered

I looked into comp cams new rocker shaft systems... looks pretty good. Comp quoted me $1082 for a system for AFR heads.. A little bit outta my range...

I am still looking around.. With the prices going over $700 I kinda am leaning towards another set of crane gold roller rockers.. but use there wide body design this time... just thinkin out loud

T & D's might still be in sight for me around $875 I think.. just have to scrape up a little more dough and pick up a few more pop cans

Do they make solid roller lifters that fit the stock GM guideplates?

Thanks for the info boys.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:22 PM
blown1500

Travis, try some other source for the Comp rockers, like Summit, Jegs, Doug Herbert or Atlantic Racing. If you want to go stud mount roller, I would look at Comp stainless-they are not too expensive and bulletproof. Don't know your cam specs, but small blocks often like 1.6 ratio on the intakes.
I don't know of any solid rollers that use the stock guide plates. Isky and Crower give me the best performance.

Quick Reply: jesel rocker shaft setups..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.