Aeroquip, Earls or Russell Fittings

Notices

Aeroquip, Earls or Russell Fittings

Old 04-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroquip, Earls or Russell Fittings

Does anyone have some dimensional data on any of the AN fitting brands. I need 90 Elbow and Tee dimensions for both -6 and -8 fittings. I'm trying to tee together (2) fuel pickups that are 4-1/4" apart.

Thank You!!!
Old 04-02-2003, 11:52 AM
bobby daniels

I don't understand question ,,,sorry

BUt always try and use a 45 instead of 90 as a 90 cuts flow in half !!!

Old 04-03-2003, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

CALL BRIAN AT JONES MARINE HE CAN HOOK YOU UP
Old 04-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Registered

try the earls website. I think they publish that info.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:15 AM
FindMe

I have made & installed several braided lines, and had the worst one in 25 years I have ever done 2 weeks ago. 1st, Aeroquip fittings SUCK! Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from them as possible, unless you want to spend 4 hours installing 2 ends on a #6 line before the years 1st car show, AND MISS THE SHOW BECAUSE OF BEING BEHIND SCHEDULE! Earls fittings are BY FAR superior with Russell a close 2nd for ease of assembly, and the least bleeding fingers when you are done. I have never been so mad in my life, the way Aerojunk makes their outer sleeve that goes over the hose is anal unless you don't mind jumping in, using a days worth of energy, and finishing with fingers that look like they were in a blender. If any of you have used that crap with any success, please advise in case I get 15 minutes from all possibilities to find a A&N fitting to complete a years project again... and if it's not an Earls or Russell next time, I will save the stress, anger, and embarassment of missing a key show due to two freeking jive time fittings, and just kick back and get hammered instead. OK... off the soap box, I'm done now... ~thanks~

Here ya go... all the dimensions you could want. Hope this helps, just don't use Aeroquip at any cost for any reason. Use my bad experence as your example, based on building several thousand braided steel lines and ends in my lifetime using Earls or Russell, then taking a dive the 1st time I had to use junk instead of quality. You DO get whatcha pay for! Good luck, and hope this helped... ~smile~

SWIVEL SEAL HOSE END
TECHNICAL INFORMATION

8001 - 8045 - 8046 - 8091
http://www.bakerprecision.com/swivinfo.htm

MORE TECHNICAL INFORMATION

8090 - 8120 - 8150 - 8180
http://www.bakerprecision.com/swivtech.htm

Earl’s Performance Products
189 W. Victoria St.
Long Beach, CA
310/609-1602
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...s/EPP/EPP.html

Russell Performance Products
225 Fentress Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL
800/217-3701
www.russellperformance.com/

Old 04-05-2003, 06:34 AM
Banned
Gold Member

Thanks Findme, sorry about bringing up a sore subject!!!!
Old 04-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Aeroquip and Stratoflex are made the way they are because they are the only ones that have approval for use in aviation. Assembly may be more difficult, but they are hardly junk- they can't be when safety 7 miles up is more important then ease of assembly and looks. I have never had an Aeroquip or Stratoflex hose or fitting fail on me in 20+ years of working on private/corporate jets.

I certainly don't want to kick a hornet's nest here, but IMHO, Earls and Russel are cheap imitations for the real thing (except for the absurd price the general public has to pay for them). If looks and ease of assembly is paramount to you, go with these two. If you want what has stood the test of aviation for 50+ years, Aeroquip and Stratoflex are the only choice, regardless of special tooling required or difficulty in assembly.
Jim
Old 04-05-2003, 03:58 PM
blown1500

I vote Aeroquip and Stratoflex also. I have made miles of Aeroquip hoses and have little trouble with them. Never had one fail. There are tricks, too many to type here, but if I can help, 704-574-4020

Old 04-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Registered

Man I would say the main trick is just lightly oil everything so it goes together with ease. As long as don't get impatient I have never had a problem. I leave mine black taped while cutting it and pull it off once inside the fitting if possible. If not I've never had one leak even leaving a layer or two of the black tape on.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:26 AM
blown1500

I have tried almost every method of cutting braided hose. The best I have used is a specially made cutter that looks like a pair of pruning shears. No tape, no fraying, no clean up, makes installing the sleeve much easier. Next best, believe it or not, has been a sharp cold chisel on a piece of metal. If necessary, cut the hose in the middle then cut each side to finish the cut. No tape necessary, no clean up.
If you will lube everything then use a tapered tool, maybe a punch, to seat the hose in the collar, assembling the end will go much easier!!

Quick Reply: Aeroquip, Earls or Russell Fittings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.