Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Who are the Best Supercharged Engine Builders? >

Who are the Best Supercharged Engine Builders?

Notices

Who are the Best Supercharged Engine Builders?

Old 04-04-2003, 03:14 PM
bobby daniels

Originally posted by totalmp
The boat should be well over 100. These engines are 540 c.i. w/ custom built whipple EFI systems. It should idle and handle like a 500 efi.

Steve
Whats custom about the whipple e f i system ?

Blown 1500 has done tons of boat blower motors and has a 10,000 sq. foot building and dyno ,ect has his own cam disigns,
This is a plug for him ,call him at least

Old 04-04-2003, 08:37 PM
flynnair

BLOWN 1500 is currently building my new 502 that will get "WHIPPLED". I did my fair share of research, alot of which was just lurking on this board for the last year, some of which was just lots of bucks in motors that did'nt make the cut. I live in calif. and sent the new block and all the parts all the way to N. Carolina just to have Robert aka(Blown 1500) build it. Very!!! patient and easy to deal with not to mention he seems to know his stuff. will the motor stand up to my abuse? only time will tell. just my .02

Old 04-12-2003, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,

No one needs to be plugged here, but if you're happy with your service, by all means let the rest of us know. The boat business is tough, because there are so many engine builders and boat manufacturers who just throw things together.
We work hard to ensure that our customers are overly satisfied, as I am sure Blown 1500 does. In this business your reputation is all you have, and we will protect ours at any cost, (warranty, trades, financing, etc.) Boating is supposed to be fun, no headaches!

We encourage any one who needs help, or has questions about anything to call us. Unlike most of the competition, you don't need to spend $$$ with us for advise. We're in this business because its a passion, not just for a $$.

As for the whipples, they are custom designed, and the EFI system, wiring harnesses, and engine monitoring system are all custom built, the engines will also sport custom House of Kolor paint, and possibly even some airbrushed graphics.

Steve
Old 04-12-2003, 11:07 AM
bobby daniels

So your using the whipple kit with the whipple ecu and fuel injection that Dustin sells across the counter ??
Or what is it I'd like to know

Old 04-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Registered

No, we don't use the whipple ecu, we use the MEfE3 computer. We start form scratch and design each profile to fit the boat and engine combination. We do use Dustin's throttle body and injectors, but make our own wiring harnesses which allow us to better monitor the engines, and we make and modify all the accessories to ensure maximum reliability.

Steve
Old 04-13-2003, 03:01 AM
Registered

Default Re: Who are the Best Supercharged Engine Builders?

Originally posted by tomcat
Members everywhere, who would you say has the best reputation in your area for building good supercharged engines?
In Chicago? No one.