Houston Propeller RULES!!!!!!!!!

Notices

Houston Propeller RULES!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roby1

thanks again roby,hope you had a great weekend,Darin

ANDTHANKS to everyone today the phone was really ringing off the hook for PROP TALK
Old 03-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Registered

Just got my Hydromotive Q-IV from Darin. Looks great. Can't wait to get my new engine up and see what this thing does.

THANKS AGAIN TO DARIN!
Old 04-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Pachanga 22

Thanks very much,Darin

Safe Boating
Old 04-03-2004, 07:50 PM
speedemon29

This post seems more like it was set up as an ad for Houston Propeller. Usually the most you can gain from a single prop design is 7MPH, and that is when you true it up properly, most shops dont have the capacity or the attentioon to detail to do this. I speak from experience, as a former propulsion engineer in FL, I'm not going to disclose where due to the unfortunate circumstances of the ownership. Props were done at this shop for some of the top racing teams and even Mercury and Hydromotive had to copy the design to bring themselves to pace with the product we turned out. I am nolonger affiliated with any propeller shop at this time, and I dont wish to really bash anybody, but there is alot of work that goes into props, I mean to set them up properly. if you want a decent company, I'll recomend first Bronson Hill or second Throttle UP as I have seen thier work, and they are putting out some fast props

Old 04-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Registered

Speedemon29,

I find your post a little out of line and uncalled for. Darin did not start this thread. People with much more than 2 posts had contributed to it. I personally have never read that Darin told anyone that they would get more then 3MPH from labbing the prop. The initial post in this thread the person admitted that they had the wrong prop to begin with and once they got the right prop and the lab finish they picked up 10 MPH. Nobody was asking for your recomendation for a "decent" company. I have not had any prop work done as of yet so I can't say from experience, but I haven't heard anyone bad mouth Darin (or Throttle Up for that matter) on this board. I read that someone was disappointed that his props where taking so long and I can understand that. I'm sure that this is everyones busy time so I can understand that too. Don't mean to come down on you. It's just that when I read your post it didn't sit well. This is a public board to you are certainly entitled to post whatever you desire.

Mike
Old 04-04-2004, 03:20 PM
speedemon29

My appologies to Darin, I am not farmiliar with his work. I didnt mean to come off as to be bashing him. There are alot of good prop companies out there and some really evil ones. From the work I have seen from bronson and throttle up, I would recomend those two. though throttle ups can be wavy as thier teqnique isnt refined entirely yet. What I really should have said was you should really look into the people your about to send your props off to. I had the unfortunate experience of working for one of the evil shops out there. I dont know if they are still in business, I hope not from the upset customers I dealt with and all. Though the work was top notch, the service was a joke. Atleast for alot of the mail in customers. It was like a eternal wait, that is... if they ever got sent back. Scary thought huh? yet another reason for me leaving that mess.

Old 04-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Registered

Speed,

Fair enough. Any of your experience with props is welcome from amatuers like myself.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:54 PM

Originally posted by bcoffield
Darin is a straight up great guy, a man of his word.
I got better top end, same great hole shot, and my mid range was much improved.
I was still working with him on lowering my RPM, still up at 4950, need them to be around 4800, when winter hit.
Hope to continue improvements this summer.
...almost a year later and I feel the same way, Darin is a straight up great guy and his product and workmanship is outstanding.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Registered

Default Re: Houston Propeller RULES!!!!!!!!!

looking for contact info for Houston Prop? If anyone has the email address or phone # please post it. thanks
Old 01-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Houston Propeller RULES!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure you want that?

Quick Reply: Houston Propeller RULES!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.