Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer >

OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Notices
View Poll Results: Favorite Tool Manufacturer?
Matco
4.95%
Snap-On
53.15%
Craftsman
36.04%
Other
5.86%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Old 04-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you guy's picking Crapsman must have stock in Band-Aid or like busted knuckles
Old 04-27-2003, 09:22 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

SK makes GREAT stuff for reasonable money.

Jon
Old 04-27-2003, 09:41 PM
Hustler 26

Snap-On ! But then again thats what I make my living with. For a lesser cost( not that much) I would say Mac. However, like others have already said unless a dealer comes to you it would be hard to use the warranty on them.

Old 04-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

I got a lot of Proto stuff. Fits great, strong, great price and warranty.

I also got tons of Craftsman stuff, probably ten or more complete "kits" scattered around. Decent for the money, but fit is generally poor on wrenches and sockets, and sockets and closed-end wrenches have too large of an entry radius - the slip off stuff too easily. Easy to replace, though..

Also got some "ultra cheap" Chinese junk tools. Several sets. I keep them easily within reach around the house and garage cause they are the ones the wife and kids use (and lose).
Old 04-27-2003, 11:18 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

On my last insurance policy I had 104K in tools. 90% Snap On. IMO they are the best. And someone said what happens if you break a Snap On tool on a Saturday? I guarantee you its easier for me to get a replacement tool from my dealer than the pimple faced high school kid at Sears.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:30 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

crasftman, they are decent quality not to pricey and if you break em they replace them. I broke a ratchet i borrowed form my grampa that he must have bought in the 50s, It was VERY old school. I brought it to sears and the replaced it no questions asked.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Miller,

From what I can tell you don't know what end to hold a screw driver by! So what makes you think buying alot of tools is even up your alley? Plua, what the hell do you need toold for living 30 floors up in a building? Plan on disassembling it?

Seriously, if you are not making your living with them, which we all know if you tried to you would starve, Craftsman are probably the best bet. Like many have said, Snap-On and Matco etc all make beautiful tools, but Craftsman have same warranty and are easier to get. Additionally, much more reasonably priced.

Good talking to you last week. See ya buddy.

Shane
Old 04-28-2003, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Snap-on, Mac, Matco, all beautiful tools. Feel good in your hand,quality is great, but most people take out second mortgages to buy boats, not tools.
As far as the 0% with Snap-on, Don't you think your paying for it in the price??
Old 04-28-2003, 07:14 AM
Registered

Been using Craftsman forever, Also have a bunch of S-K stuff tossed in too, never had a problem with either. Certain manufacturers make certain tools better than others.
Personally, i think Snap- On is over priced and overrated, just my opinion.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:19 AM
Registered

I love the argument that Craftsman are just as good because of the warranty. I don't wrench for a living I wrench for a hobby and I'm serious about not only doing the best job I can but getting the most enjoyment out of it. So, I buy Snap-On. I've had many Crapsman tools break in the middle of a project which means I've got to stop, clean up, go to Sears, etc. At elast two hours delay.

I've NEVER had a Snap-On break and keep me from doing what I enjoy.

Quick Reply: OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.