Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer >

OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Notices
View Poll Results: Favorite Tool Manufacturer?
Matco
4.95%
Snap-On
53.15%
Craftsman
36.04%
Other
5.86%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Old 04-28-2003, 07:29 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to say that Snap On wratchets are the WORST out there. I have broken every one of them and they eventually find their way in the trash in disgust. Have yet to break a SK one yet and I have beat them WAY worse then the Snap on. The fine tool snap on-s would work about once or twice before breaking off a tooth.

Jon
Old 04-28-2003, 09:53 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Snap-On, at least there tool guys show up every week!! I have alot of MAC tools but no salesman to turn in my warranties to!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craftsman so I can projectile them at will without remorse... Drives my wife crazy!!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 01:05 PM
Registered

Jon,

Have you ever mentioned the wratchet problem to Snap-On or any former Snap-On guys??? Maybe they make a super duty tool for guys like you!!! How's everything? Did Biggus get back yet?
Old 04-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Registered

Shane, I just can't wrench on egg beaters!!! I know a couple of things about REAL ENGINES (though admittedly very little as I leave it to the pros). However, I do know how to do a lot of home improvement and non-mechanical work and need to replace some lost and broken tools. I'm helping a friend to remodel a house as well as do some work on the boat. So, as long as I have to replace some items I figured I'd find out what to invest in.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

If anybody needs to buy Mac Tools or has a warranty issue, just call 1-800-MAC-TOOL. They will take your credit card and ship it to you. Also works if you have a warranty issue and no distributor. They might even send you a call tag to pickup the broken tool if you just whine a little. If anyone in West Michigan needs service, just call 616-318-1569 and I will personally see that you are well taken care of. It might involve a boat ride, though.

See ya, Doug
Old 04-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Registered

Make mine MAC!!! High quality, realistic pricing, FRIENDLY service. I've been with Mac for 13 years and they are my customers brand of choice!

If I can be of service to you fellow boaters, give me a call at 609-466-4108. I'm in NJ if that helps you guys from NY, PA, etc.

Dave (Toolman)
Old 04-28-2003, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Too Old...Mac quality is there, trust me. About 1/3 of my tools are Mac. They make great Air Tools. Pricing with my dealer is a little less than Snappy. Depends on what I'm buying whether or not I buy Snap On or Mac. Both dealers take equal care of me. No complaints from either.

Buck
Old 04-29-2003, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
I have over 150k in tool's, 95% are Snap On.

I have needed or broke a tool on the weekend 3 or 4 time's every time I called my Snap On guy and went and picked it up from him, once he brought it to me. For me the Snap On guy is a lot closer than Sears. Those guy's make their living selling tool's and most turned a wrench for a living before. If you treat them right the will hook you up. 0% interest off the truck, will Sears let you do that forever?
Craftsman is half the cost of Snap on. As I see it you could have all the same tools (Craftsman), a new Corvette and pay the salary for some cutie to go pick up replace tools when they do break.

And if you really have spent 150k in tools, they sure as h*ll better deliver them to you.

Just adding a little humor to this.

I like Craftsman for the money but agree that some tools you cannot substitute quality. Ratchets and screw drivers you should skip Craftsman and go with S&K or Snap-On.

So I suggest you go with a mixture of Craftsman and the others unless money is no object.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Registered

I can't make a living with Craftsman they don't make 1/3 of the tools Snap On has. I have a lot of Craftsman for home use.

You have to look at it this way, If you were going F2 racing would you buy a Pachanga because it looked like all the other race boats?

Make that 153K, just got a new plasma cutter. If I need a tool more then once I buy it and I buy the best there is no mater who makes it Snap On is just at the front most of the time.

I have all that other stuff you said I could buy if I bought cheaper tools, and I know the tools is what helped me get them.

Quick Reply: OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.