Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer >

OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Notices
View Poll Results: Favorite Tool Manufacturer?
Matco
4.95%
Snap-On
53.15%
Craftsman
36.04%
Other
5.86%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Old 04-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MrOffshore
This is a bogus poll, how can you have Mac Tools have to fall under "Other" when they are considered one of the top tool manufacturers...definitely ahead of Matco??
I am not a professional wrencher and just put down what I had been told to consider. I'm sorry that doesn't meet with your expectation. So, you're free to start your own poll. Maybe you should.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:02 PM
Registered

Craftsman.
The more expensive tools tend to sink faster and in deeper water.
Gary
Old 04-29-2003, 12:06 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

The only reason MAC tools has their foot in Monster Garage is because Jesses Snap On deal was a total tool. He f-d it up and Mac stepped in. Its not because MAC is better. I have heard rumors of Mac being bought out by another company. Mac lost a huge amount of money last year on bad debts. Besides all that this was to be a pole about favorite tools. I own all brands listed on the pole. But 90% being Snap on. After using alot of the others I feel Snap on is the best is quality. Maybe for your average back yard mechanic craftsman is ok, but not for everyday use. I will tell you who makes the best impact guns hands down. Ingersol Rand. Snap on and Mac are not even close.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:15 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
I have all that other stuff you said I could buy if I bought cheaper tools, and I know the tools is what helped me get them.
You win.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:45 PM
riskybusiness

Thumbs up

I am heavily biased, having been a Snap-On dealer for many years, but....if in no other categories than hand tools and tool storage units (more commonly known as toolboxes), Snap-On is BY FAR the best quality tools on the market.

No doubt they are pricey, which weeds out most backyard Joe's, but for people who use their tools for a living, on an all-day, every-day basis, the investment is justified in almost every case.

Certainly there are those who have their horror stories to tell of a bad experience, as there is with any product on the market.

My experience, however, has shown that, for the serious techs who use the right tool for the job (without seriously abusing them), Snap-On hand tools hold up better than anything else on the market.

My customers, at least, were highly satisfied, no matter how large or small their investment in Snap-On.

You should see my pair of Miss Budweiser Snap-On toolboxes. Bernie Little would be proud. R.I.P.

Old 04-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Registered

You guys are waaaayyyyy too sensitive!
Old 04-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by VinMan
You guys are waaaayyyyy too sensitive!
Hey...we're talking tools here. This subject ranks up there with thebrand of truck you drive and the brand of beer your drink!

Buck
Old 04-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have mainly Snap-On, but alot of Craftsman. All 3 of my Snap-On rachets have needed new guts for last several yrs. Always have to spin the socket to find teeth that will grab. Wished they were Craftsman so I could replace them. Been out of auto work for 20 yrs, so hard to get them fixed. My feelings are that if the Craftsman tools are breaking during use, your using the wrong one.
Big name tools are like Mercruisers. Your paying more for the name than the product.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

What about Doc Johnson? Something to keep the other busy while you are breaking tools!
Old 04-29-2003, 08:27 PM
Registered

Default All tools are the same...

I just grab the cheapest ones available. Doesn't really matter what store. I especially like the ones from Korea, China & Taiwan.

Quick Reply: OT: Favorite Tool Manufacturer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.