Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Anybody know of a good place to buy Holley marine carbs? >

Anybody know of a good place to buy Holley marine carbs?

Notices

Anybody know of a good place to buy Holley marine carbs?

Old 05-18-2003, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

(954)-587-3020
There is a link under "links" at the top of the page to there web site.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought an 800cfm from Chief this week to replace my Weber. Best price around. You will also need a fuel line and a linkage plate. The linkage plate from the Weber will not fit the Holley. If you have a Mercathode mounted on the stock linkage you will have to rig a new location for it. Good luck.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cheif

Anyone calling Chief.
If it doesn't matter to you ask if there are any used brackets or fuel line, the stuff is stainless and can be polished like new.
I just got the linkage plate from him and it was beautiful. Half the price. Nobody would know the difference.
The way I see it, I'm saving some $$ for fuel and helping someone get rid of used stuff that is laying around.
Not all boaters have a money tree in there back yard
Old 05-19-2003, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally posted by CESSNA
man save that money run auto holleys they work fine just don't tell them their on a boat they will never know

really if you need the down turned vent tubes just swap them or run a rubber tube from one vent to the other and cut a hole in the middle over the center of carb opening
but I would not worry about it
I sure wouldn't!
If some god foresaken fire happens and you boat burns down. All your insurance company needs to do is find those automotive carbs, and tell you:

" no $ for you."
Old 05-21-2003, 02:58 AM
formulaF302

I've got 3 marine holly 750 with less than 30 hrs on them at $150 each. They were factory carbs on crusader 500 hp engines. Two of them have hard lines that will thread right into a mercruiser electric fuel pump that bolts right onto the front of the engine. They were new from crusader marine before they closed up, and you can have the electric pumps for $50 each if you want them too. The're clean setups..."top loader" style for easy jet changes..I went up to 830 units after increasing cams, heads etc.email gwinkler at comcast.net, and can get pics if u want..glenn

Old 05-21-2003, 03:50 AM
formulaF302

I forgot to add in my previous post....those carbs I've got for $150 are vacuum secondaries with electric chokes. I did'nt put the @ sign in my email cause last time I did that some spammer picked up on it and I've been getting junk mail ever since.... Glenn

Old 05-23-2003, 06:36 AM
Registered

Formula F302 I am interested in a 750carb if you still have them..Check you email.....

BH
Old 05-23-2003, 09:13 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I went from Webers to Holley, and ready to throw the Holley's in the trash. Merc or Weber issued a service bulletin to rectify that issue, it was something simple, but I can't recall the fix. It was something relatively simple. I found out about it and read the bulletin after I had purchased & installed 2 holley 800's. Might be a thread about this on OSO as well.

Contact Merc dealer or Weber directly, unless someone here has a link to the fix.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 05-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Registered

Why are you ready to throw the Holleys in the trash? Wouldn't they still give better throttle response. I searched earlier about a solution to this problem and couldn't find anything. I also went to my local dealer and he couldn't find any service bulletins about it. Everybody I know that has a 454-300 or 330 also has this problem.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:38 AM
formulaF302

I'm really surprised to hear of poor throttle response with a Holley marine carb (if it was indeed setup as marine initially). I had no problems with the ones I just sold via this posting, and my new 830's have unbelieveable throttle response, although I am still trying to resolve issues with the back 4 cylinders running rich...this sucka sticks me back in the seat from a roll at practically any speed with 25" props and the old ones did too. I sure can't say that for the weber's that came with the orignal 330's....are you sure they were set up properly for marine applications?