Holley Carbs >

Holley Carbs

Notices

Holley Carbs

Old 05-23-2003, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley Carbs

Am looking at getting a Holley. Because of money Ive spent on the boat in the last year Im looking to go used...Any body got a 600-750 holley for sale. I need something in good condition and pref with vaccum secondaries and an electric choke. GOT TO BE MARINE...Any thoughts on going with a holley. How hard are they to dial in?

BH
Old 05-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Mr. Demeanor

I have a marine Holley 750 with vacume secondaries off a 92 OMC. Its completely rebuilt (didnt need it but I had it off so I did it) and has the quick change secondary spring kit and an assortment of springs. I have enough jets and power valves that I could set it up however you want. The carb looks like brand new but is painted gray. I was looking for $250. I'll be gone most of day today but let me know if your interested.

I hope this resolves your ongoing problems.

Old 05-23-2003, 10:41 AM
blown1500

What do you have now and why do you want to change???

Old 05-23-2003, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am chasing multiple problems with my motor.....Have replaced/rebuilt just about everything on the damn thing....Im running a 600cfm Edelbrock which I can't seem to get to set right....Rich as hell at idle,Lean on the top end...Bought a new fuel pump pushing 6-1/2 lbs and still no fix...Im thinking the thing must have a crack somewhere hidden (see my past posts). Come to find out Edelbrock says that it will only hold 5.5 lbs of pressure!! Of course I found this out AFTER I changed the fuel pump....Got a VERY good deal on a 4010 holley with very low hours on it so Im gonna hope that it is the source of some/all of my problems....

BH
Old 05-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Best of luck to you. Your thread has been interesting to read.

When you hook up the Holley, do not use the chrome dual inlet lines. I did and had problems. They were Holleys lines purchased from Jegs. In their infinite wisdom, they chrome the inside of the line back a bit from the flare. when you tighten them down a few times during the dialing in process, the chrome flakes off and fills your float bowl screens. Get the braided lines.

Last edited by Mr. Demeanor; 05-23-2003 at 08:48 PM.