prop question bravo1 vs mirage plus? >

prop question bravo1 vs mirage plus?

Notices

prop question bravo1 vs mirage plus?

Old 06-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop question bravo1 vs mirage plus?

was wondering if this is a trait of bravo 1 prop . had a 23p mirage plus labbed on my 1998 26 sonic with 502 efi. boat ran 5000rpms @ 69-70gps and seemed to have more bow lift. went to a 24p bravo 1 dropped to 4800rpm and 67-68 mph gps but noticed that the bow stays down even with trim tabs up and drive trimmed up . any recommendations on getting my rpms and speed back and can prop be tweaked to get alittle more bow lift? also my ecu has been reprogrammed for rev limiter set at 5300 rpms.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:03 AM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

That is the same thing I experienced when I went from a 21" Mirage + to a 24"Bravo 1. The boat runs a lot flatter with the B1 and the rpms dropped. Top speed was the same. The advantage of the B1 is the much better holeshot, less need for tabs and the overall better handling. No blowout on turns. I now have more power so I have my rpms back and that has resulted in an 8mph speed increase. Also, the B1 really hooks up to the water. With the M+ when you hit the throttle you felt the engine rev up and then you felt the acceleration. With the B1 when you hit the throttle you feel the acceleration right away. Way more fun.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:20 AM
Registered

HotBoat has a 23p Predator 4 blade of mine you can try if you would like.
You lost your rpm because you went up in pitch.
Was the bravo I labbed as well, you said the Mirage was.
Let me know if you want to try the prop.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:48 AM
stevejohns

I noticed similar to you... 22 b1 was 300 rpm less than a 23 mir and 2-3 mph slower. Everything other than top end was better with the b1 including cruise mph. I think ill have the b1 on most of the time and switch to the mir when i want to flog the top end. sj

Old 06-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

tantrum the bravo 1 was not labbed , but i did like the way the boat handled especially in rough water ! going to add exhaust to see if i get any rpm back and performance and then if needed get the prop labbed. thanks for the prop offer .
Old 06-09-2003, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I experienced almost the exact situation as you, Even the same #'s I like the way the bravo runs all around, but the mirage is simply faster. I think all 4blades give the stern lift effect while 3blades give more bow lift.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Man your boat runs good!
I have a friend with a '99 26 and 502MPI. He has Gil exhaust and K&N. The best speed with the 24 B1 is 64.5 on GPS. The thing is an absolute mut coming on plane....
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 06-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,904 Likes on 957 Posts

Had the same results with the same props on a 24 Outlaw.

23 Mirage plus was about 5450rpms and 65-66mph
24 Bravo 1 was about 5150 and 64-65mph

Also saw less bow lift and boat ran flatter. Boat came out of the hole much easier with B1 and it eliminated 90% of the porpoising that 24 Outlaws get. Cruise speed was also 3-4 mph faster at 3600 rpms with the B1.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

guys is it possible to tweak a bravo 1 prop to get a little more bow lift ? with out sacrificing other gains from this prop?
Old 06-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Tony the B1 props are going to give you more stern lift. If you remember my boat on the way to Kingston and how low it rode in the water because the prop was trying to lift the stern and ended up putting the bow in the water. this was great for running in rough water because the boat never wanted to bow up and jump out of the water like Scott's, and it handled awesome. But it made it look like the boat was going to stuff if I hit the wrong way. it also scrubbed a ton of speed. To get bow lift I used a smaller diameter prop. The B1 props are best on larger boats with twins. If you can get the Merc prop catalog they have a prop that is made to run on single engine performance boats. it is similar to what I am running now. The boat is running much higher and looser at to end with much faster speed I talked to a bunch of people on the board with my same boat and they all had the same problems with B1 props. All you have to do is keep testing any prop you can get your hands on till you find the correct one. I tested over a dozen be for I found mine. Now I will send it out to get labed
I also have a 26P version of what I am running now. You are welcome to try it but it might be a bit much.

As for labing the prop . first find the one that works the best and improve on that one. I have a # to one of the best guys out there to send the prop to be labed. I just have to dig it up.

also I'm sorry to say that I wont be going to the lake at the end of the month. I will be running the NJ bay poker run. I'll see you an Saturday.

Paul

Quick Reply: prop question bravo1 vs mirage plus?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.