TRS Drives/lowers >

TRS Drives/lowers

Notices

TRS Drives/lowers

Old 06-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Darkhorse468

TRS Drives/lowers

Anybody

Over the winter the crack around my prop area on my TRS drive grew...about 5 inches. Once, I thought the crack could be repaired (several companies were doing this) but its traveled beyond the bearing strut and up the side of the lower. If its repairable, I'm game, but if its not, I'm gong to be in the market for two TRS lowers. Any info or suggestions would be helpful. As a note, if it were up to me, I'd have some nice Blackhawks or #5s, but its up to my wallet and that says NO!(sort of)

Old 06-20-2003, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your description leaves me with a little doubt as to just where this crack is. Some situations CAN be handled by a GOOD welder. But reguardless, it will require a teardown so get at it and get it to that GOOD welder and let him be the judge. Good luck!! --- Jer
Old 06-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Darkhorse468

jpclear
Thanks bud, I brought to a GOOD welder today, and he's going to do what he can to make them work for the season. Next season, I be getting replacements.