Exhaust Headers Alignment

Notices

Exhaust Headers Alignment

Old 07-01-2003, 09:29 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Krumbsnatcher
Nice mo mo's mopower do you regularly clean those with a toothbrush? Nice!!!!!
They were brand new in April. and due to the sucko weather on the east coast this spring only have less than 5 hrs so far. The intakes and t-stats are powder coated

Greg, My Formula has a 2 1/2" offset in the 1 foot length of pipe and they are also 540's. Also don't forget you come out of the elbow at 3" and dump into 4" pipe. I can't tell how close your elbows are to the stern due to the angle of the picture. , but unless its less than 6" I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by mopower; 07-01-2003 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:33 AM
jrz
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may be able to correct some of this misalignment by slightly rotating the tail flange to manifold joint. You can enlarge or slot the holes in the flange.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a similar prob with my CMI"S...my trans tips hole were 1/2" lower then a stock bravo setup and I have merlin heads which are 1/4" taller. Same cenetr to center as a bravo. Wound up using custom tail pipes , flex hose connectors, and floating tips. Took forever to get CMI to make em right. If you can get a Bravo template it will tell you were the holes are drilled. Then call Stainless Marine and they can whip you out a set.
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Headers Alignment-motor1%7E1.jpg  
Old 07-01-2003, 10:14 PM
Registered

Thanks you guys, I will let you know what I find out. you all have been great. Who knew that boating would be so much fun on line.

Anyone interested in a good deal on billet speaker covers check out the sight then PM me for your price.

Thanks again.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Registered

Default Progress on Tips

Originally posted by DanB
I had a similar prob with my CMI"S...my trans tips hole were 1/2" lower then a stock bravo setup and I have merlin heads which are 1/4" taller. Same cenetr to center as a bravo. Wound up using custom tail pipes , flex hose connectors, and floating tips. Took forever to get CMI to make em right. If you can get a Bravo template it will tell you were the holes are drilled. Then call Stainless Marine and they can whip you out a set.
DanB

I took your advice and took lots of pictures with measurements and sent them off to Stainless Marine. Daryl and his boys came up with making custom exhaust tips with flaps that will be secured with a beautyring. They will basically slip in one piece.

They should have them done in about another week, I will post the pictures in a new thread to show the final product.

Thanks again all you OSO'ers for making this problem not as dismal as it first seems.

You are the best!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad I could be of help...if you gave em the right dimensions they'll send you a nice set. They do good work.

Dan