Insta Trim tabs >

Insta Trim tabs

Notices

Insta Trim tabs

Old 07-08-2003, 04:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Insta Trim tabs

For some reason, two years in a row, one of the hoses has come loose from my trim tabs resulting in a loss of fluid. Last year it was still in warranty and was replaced at no cost to me.
No warranty this year! Any way, I'm thinking about getting rid of the trim tabs and putting K-Planes with mechanical indicators.
BTW, the boat is a PowerQuest 280 Silencer.
Any suggestions?
Old 07-09-2003, 02:21 PM
djm
Registered

Even after my warranty ended, Instatrim shipped me a replacement cylinder free of charge. Give em' a call.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got the housing cover from them. They are great to work with.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:00 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

After my first hose popped off, I just replaced all 4 of those useless hose clamps that they use with stainless screw type. I haven't had a problem since.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Smile

I had a leaking hose at the pump housing that wouldn't respond to hose clamp tightening ('96 Velocity). The fellow at InstaTrim advised me that they have upgraded their hoses and sold me two new trim cylinders with hoses attached well below normal replacement cost.

I installed all the new parts and everything's now leak free and clean as a whistle!
Old 07-10-2003, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just replaced my instatrim trim tabs with 280 s k-planes. It was not too bad of a job. I removed the old tabs, hoses and pumps. Sanded out the holes and then hired out the fiberglass/gelcoat work. They filled and put down fiberglass mat over the holes that used to fasten the hinge plate and also did the same with the thru hull holes used for the hoses. I think I could of done it myself, but it would have taken me a lot longer. After they re-gelcoated the two sides of the transom, I could start the install with a fresh new transom. Using the template, the install was pretty easy. I bought the K-planes (including pumps) off of ebay, and bought the hoses, wiring harnesses and hardware from Bam marine. The install turned out great. Overall cost including fiberglass work was about $2500.00.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Julio,

Get you some real tabs like these! You wont believe the difference. Powerboat did an article on K-Plane installation a few months ago. It had prices for the parts and about 20 pics showing the installation. Or you could call David Wade. Sorry to hear that you lost the tabs again. I got the pics you sent from Biloxi. Looks like a good time was had by all.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Insta Trim tabs-dsc00169.jpg