A note on Nickerson Performance >

A note on Nickerson Performance

Notices

A note on Nickerson Performance

Old 08-15-2003, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default A note on Nickerson Performance

This post is probably a little overdue. I sent my carb to them in the spring to have it setup for a blower motor. When I received it all I did was bolt it on and run it. Plugs were perfect. I did purchase all of the associated parts to complete the project from Dean. Used his cam so the settings for the cam/carb were compatible.

Had a little problem with the blower leaking oil from a shaft seal. Called Nickersons on my cell phone from the lake and he got the parts on the way. When I got home they were on the front porch and I was out on the river two nights later.

Whacked the outdrive so I decided to have the blower gone through while it was down for repair. Dean arranged repairs through The Blower Shop and gave recommendations etc. Dean gave me some good info on setting up my cooling system and suppliers for some additional parts which he did not carry. Customer service with Nickerson Performance is why I will always do business with them. With all the crying on the board lately I thought I should share some positive experiences.

Tim T.
Westport Ky.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:53 PM
DonMan

Tim,
It is good to hear a "thumbs up" story about a supplier. It seems you only hear the bad news lately.
I am a store manager for a large auto parts chain. I`ve been in this business since 1984. There is a saying that I`ve heard many times over the years: "If a customer receives great service from your business, he will tell maybe 2 or 3 friends about it. If this same customer receives poor service, he will tell practically every person he can find who will listen...."
Let`s all try and make a habit to give cudos where deserved!

Old 08-15-2003, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nickerson

I bought a Nickerson carb a couple of years ago and was impressed. I bolted it on a supercharged application and I never touched the jets or any adjustments and it has since been on another blower application without jet adjustment. I recommend this carb to anybody looking for a foolproof out of the box purchase. I have neve a bought any carb out of the box that worked like the nickerson.
Steve
Old 08-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mee too, Nickersons is great. Service and all. Thanks Greg
Old 08-16-2003, 06:02 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

While we're handing out compliments, I've had the same experiences with Teague. Bought 4 blower carbs from them, bolted them on, and have not had a problem in over 200 hours. I never even checked the jets.

I turn my own wrenches, but I don't touch carbs because of them.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:59 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also sent my 1050 Dominator to Dean. I run the same setup as Tim T (B&M 250, single Dominator). My carb was originally a Nickerson.
I posted a thread a while back named, "To Boost Reference or not to Boost Reference". Many responses from that thread. Some how, the Nickerson's caught wind of that thread and I received an e-mail from Dean to call him. He was ready to admit that over time he has learned more and that there were upgrades available for my "Nickerson Carb". I sent the carb to him back in February. He did make some changes that resulted in a very sweet running engine that behaves around the docks. I have zero transom soot, my plugs are perfect, and it starts beautifuly. I didn't have to touch a thing.
It was money well spent ($335).
I would recommend Nickerson Performance for all fuel system work, whether you're Supercharged or N/A, Automotive or Marine.
Russ
Old 08-17-2003, 08:28 AM
Registered

Glad to hear the good news about Nickerson Performance. My Nickerson modified Holley 980 is still in the box awaiting the completion of the 509...and yes, they were a pleasure to deal with!
Old 08-17-2003, 09:06 AM
Registered

I had great luck with Dean in the past. Always does what it takes to make things right and delivers on his promises.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I have Nickerson carbs on my Top Gun. Just bolted them on and she runs great!

Dean knows his carbs and is a great guy to boot.

Very happy with his work,

Kurt.
Attached Thumbnails A note on Nickerson Performance-dcp01332.jpg  

Last edited by Biggus; 08-17-2003 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Dean is one of the good guys; few words but knows his stuff. I've never bought anything but dyno time from him, but he just referred someone to me looking for an intercooler for their Vortech supercharged 572. He didn't have to do that and I'm grateful. Guess I have to buy some more dyno time.

Hey Kurt, maybe we could dyno one of your engines this winter, then convert it over to a "modern" supercharger system. Seriously, that engine compartment is a thing of beauty. I hope we have time for a ride in September!

Quick Reply: A note on Nickerson Performance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.