Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Switch from Holley to Q-jet with adapter >

Switch from Holley to Q-jet with adapter

Notices

Switch from Holley to Q-jet with adapter

Old 09-04-2003, 09:31 PM
220BR

I love Q-jets, so my vote is give it try. Better yet, yank off that aluminum intake and take a die grinder to it to mach the Q-jet base plate gasket.

What is your current motor? If still a SBC, run 68/41 primaries and CH for 350, CK for 383. If a BBC, let us know what flavor.

Old 09-05-2003, 03:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motor is a 358SBC Roller motor. RPM Air Gap intake with L31Vortec heads. Stainless Marine 4" thru hull exhaust. Im pushing about 375HP @ 5300rpms....

BH
Attached Thumbnails Switch from Holley to Q-jet with adapter-motor2.jpg  
Old 09-05-2003, 03:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have my first intake I bought for the "problem child" it is the Edelbrock Performer...It will accept the Q-Jet but the intake side is warped ever so slightly....I hear this can be fixed though...It's just a paper weight now Currently Im running a RPM Air Gap Vortec manifold...What is the part # for the intake you have?

BH
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2003, 09:13 AM
220BR

Here's my .02 for your set up. BTW, I'm no expert, I just tinker with marine Q-jets for grins.

If yor Q-jet is original for a 350 marine, it should have something similar to .068 pri jets, .041 pri rods and CL secodary rod. The CL will be too small on the top end.

Leave the primary side alone for now:
.068 Pri jets
.041 Pri rods

But get a set of CK secondary rods (may also be too lean, if so step up to DA)

Probably need the 0.147 hi-flow needle and seat. but don't put more than 7psi of fuel agaisnt it. Probably need to discard stock filter and go inline.

I'm sure your cam has duration greater than 216 at .050. You may find that you don't have enough adjustment with the idle screws. If so, you'll need to open up the idle mix screw ports to the max diameter of 0.093" (jewelers drill). That'll give you good idle mix adjustment.

You can get all the parts at Carbs Unlimited (carbs.net).

Good luck.