Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Keith Eckert aluminum headers >

Keith Eckert aluminum headers

Notices

Keith Eckert aluminum headers

Old 09-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kaama, Yeah we are way off the subject, but to answer your question, I was running a cam from Reed Cams, duration at .050 tappet height is 217degrees intake and 221 degrees exhaust. lift is .510 intake, .522 exhaust, 112degrees lobe centers.
This is a pretty tame setup, but it kicked up a 330HP 454 to around 422 HP on the dyno with shop headers. In the boat I am running the EMI Thunders with cast risers, and I'm really starting to wonder about the effeciency of these risers. Like I said before, I am running different heads now, cam, and intake than what I was wiith this set up. Like a big dummy, I made all the changes at once over the winter, so I can't really say how each individual change effected the engine.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Bote Loco

Default Re: Keith Eckert aluminum headers

Were the KE headers more narrow to give a little more clearance between twins? An inch more cleance would do wonders for me when changing plugs!

Old 11-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Registered

I gained more than an inch between engines going from centerrise merc to KEs.

BT
Old 11-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Bote Loco

Searching old posts I saw you bought a pair of these last year. Are you happy with them? Loud? I already have a "loud" problem. Think there are still some to be found? Dave

Old 11-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Registered

Yes I am happy with them. They are louder due to the water coming in later. They are nearly dry loud. Yes, I think there are still KEs to be found. I am wondering if the outfit with the molds plan to produce more. Bob?

Dave
Old 11-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Roby, I'll set you up with a set of Lightning stainless headers. They're a whole lot less than SMI's and CMI's and work great. I put them on mine this year and I can't say enough about them.
Attached Thumbnails Keith Eckert aluminum headers-new-power-2s.jpg   Keith Eckert aluminum headers-new-power-3s.jpg   Keith Eckert aluminum headers-new-power-4s.jpg  

Old 11-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Yes we will be producing the KE Headers once again. We don't have them up on the web site yet (maybe by next week). The price for a NEW set with tailpipes. gaskets, bolts, stainless fittings, etc. will be $3395.00 which is about $300.00 less than they were advertised for not to long ago. If you have any questions you can email [email protected]
Old 11-18-2004, 09:32 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

I have four seasons on mine with absolutely no issues! Great pipe and they make hp.
Attached Thumbnails Keith Eckert aluminum headers-eng-5-18-03-2.jpg  
Old 11-19-2004, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Lofty, whats a set of the lightning headers cost? and the best place to purchase them? thx ratman
Old 11-19-2004, 11:45 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Keith Eckert aluminum headers

Originally Posted by KEPP
Yes we will be producing the KE Headers once again. We don't have them up on the web site yet (maybe by next week). The price for a NEW set with tailpipes. gaskets, bolts, stainless fittings, etc. will be $3395.00 which is about $300.00 less than they were advertised for not to long ago. If you have any questions you can email [email protected]
That is real good news to me KEPP! I was concerned about being able to get replacements down the road when I bought these a year ago. I agree with Bob on the perf gains. I gained at least 3-4 mph going to these pipes from the merc center rise with imco risers.

BT

Quick Reply: Keith Eckert aluminum headers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.