HELP! - Warranty Info Needed >

HELP! - Warranty Info Needed

Notices

HELP! - Warranty Info Needed

Old 09-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP! - Warranty Info Needed

We are about to take delivery of our 30 Advantage Victory and are down to the wire on deciding if we want Merc's extended warranty. It is big $$, so I'm looking for any/ all input about this. We are running 496HO's with Bravo X drives.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:54 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,969 Likes on 990 Posts

You will have the standard 1 year warranties already.

You can buy the extended warranties anytime before the 1 year is up. So, if you wait a year to get the extended warranties, you won't have to pay the interest on them.

Also, from what I have been told, the retail price on Merc warranties is twice the dealers actual cost. You may want to shop around on pricing. You can buy them from any Merc dealer.
Old 09-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Registered

Griff, Thanks a lot. I read that I could buy them in the 12 months after purchase on the Merc website but the dealer (i am led to believe) said that the warranty had to be purchased at time of sale.

Any word on how well these will hold up? I have heard generally good reviews.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:34 AM
Offshore Addiction

I can and will save you money on either the merc,or an any other brand,can even get you a warrenty on your new trailer!and anybody else who wants a warrenty on almost any type of package up to 5 years old,even if you bought it used or are considering buying used,as long as it is in original condition,not rebuilt and originally came with at least a one year warrenty!am working with one company on a long extende for personal use high horsepower.

Last edited by Offshore Addiction; 09-15-2003 at 08:08 AM.

Old 09-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Doller Offshore

It is true you can buy the Extended Warranty, (Quicksilver) from Mercury up until the 1 year anniversary date. We have never had a problem with servicing our customers with this warranty. I have dealt with a few of the aftermarket ones, and Always had a problem. By the way, sorry, but extended Warranty coverage is considered insurance, and it is illegal to discount this product. If you need any more info, or a brochure, PM me.
Mindi Doller

Old 09-15-2003, 12:18 PM
Registered

Default Its a gamble

Had this same question a year ago, decided
not. 227 hours on 496h0 and going strong.

Now I hope the advantage is less trouble
than mine was. good luck. JC
Old 09-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Doller Offshore

I have not had experience with Passport. The major advantage I have found with the Mercury is speed of getting you back on the water. Some of the other companies have been slow with processing. I am not saying they are bad, only stating our experience with them.
As far as the pricing issue..It seems everyone will always sell everything cheaper, however this is a legal issue, or at least in Florida.

Old 09-15-2003, 02:55 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 168 Likes on 96 Posts

Mindi, the way I understood it the no discounting on insurance is a Florida only deal. S--cks for us Florida dealers.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:58 PM
Doller Offshore

Yes, You are right, and it does s#ck. The dealer who offered a discount was in Florida, makes us look bad.
It is not our fault.

Old 11-18-2003, 11:17 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Is an Extended Warranty available from Mercury for the 525efi and can you buy the extension anytime within the first year?

G

Quick Reply: HELP! - Warranty Info Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.