WINTERIZING - the full way! >

WINTERIZING - the full way!

Notices

WINTERIZING - the full way!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darreldanger
The hydraulic lifters should bleed down thus relieving the valve springs...Correct???
I don't think the lifters bleed down far enough to completely reseat the valve. I thought the hydraulic piston just takes up the last 0.05 or 0.1??? Someone will correct me if this isn't right.

Also, the valve springs are under a fair amount of compression even when the valve is seated.

I think the best you can do is bar the engine over a half turn or so every month. Let's see, four months of winter = two complete revolutions or one full valve cycle...
Old 01-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Empty Fuel Tank

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Ditto on this statement with the ethenol in the fuel today I would want it as empty as I could get it to avoid moisture condensating in the tank as well as the octane dropping for those of us that have the boat sit almost 6 months the octane level drops substantially even using Stabil. The rest of it is pretty thorough though although changing the oil twice once in fall and once in spring again seems pretty wasteful due to the fact it's fresh oil.
I talked with Bob Teague about the fuel level issue and He stated that it's better to have your tank or tanks as low as possible and add stabalizer do to the quality of the gasoline that we have Today.I change my impellers in the spring so there not sitting all winter with the rubber vanes bent up in the pump housing.I also turn over my engines by hand about once a month to distribute the valve spring pressures.I put a moisture absorber in my engine compartment.I spray my shift boots,Exhaust bellows with rubber conditioner and then put the drives in the down position. have 500 efi's with 318 hours and have no issues as of yet.Can't wait till Summer..Having my ride custom painted by Mitcher T in Feb
Old 09-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered

Hate to say this guys but its this time of year again for us northerners to start thinking about this. ttt
Old 09-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
Hate to say this guys but its this time of year again for us northerners to start thinking about this. ttt
Put one away already. Sad.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 118 Likes on 36 Posts

Thinking, but not doing!!!YET!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a sad time of year
Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 486 Likes on 178 Posts
Unhappy

Old 09-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still holding off....... A few more weeks..... It is getting colder here at night. We had a really great summer here in Michigan though .............

Old 10-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Great write up. Very complete.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Registered

is there a refined/up-dated list with all of the additions/corrections?

Quick Reply: WINTERIZING - the full way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.