Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
SEMA Show Photos >

SEMA Show Photos

Notices

SEMA Show Photos

Old 11-14-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

The traffic through our booth was incredible. We didn't know what to expect, but the fully dressed display engine in Mercury blue/polished aluminum was yanking them in like a chain on a junkyard dog. Not as good as the import girls mind you, but we were very happy.

We learned that the best thing to do was leave the lid on. Then after some head scratching, pull the lid off and make the speech. Everybody understood the concept. All you have to do is show them a before picture and ask them if they would buy a cylinder head with that many elbows in the ports.

We have identified 5-6 dealers across the country and that's why we went there. Met a lot of very serious customers on the verge of buying a supercharger kit from someone else. Some of them we convinced and will refer to dealers; some probably went back to their original choice to be re-convinced by them. It's not easy being the new kid on the block.

Also had some great media attention - Powerboat, Extreme Boats, Hot Rod, even Two Guys Garage. We will be covered in the Family & Performance Boating Feb issue, which will be handed out at the Miami show. We will likely exhibit there too.

Got to shake Vic Edelbrock's hand; after waiting in line behind Joe D'Amato. This is like shaking hands with Elvis. Also got some posters signed by a few of the import girls and the Lowrider centerfold.

When I get some pictures developed or emailed to me from the media I will post a shot of our booth and engine display.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tomcat; do you have smaller pics? i may see something from these..
Old 11-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Registered

The photos are from SEMA show website, can't make them any bigger they just go blurry. Maybe you can resize them better, I couldn't. If you want to see more go to www.semaphotos.com.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats!
Old 11-14-2003, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have some pics of tomcat , their booth, and the intercooler. just 2 problems, they are on my laptop, and i am on my home computer,

and i am too cheap for a paid membership and can't post pics.. maybe i will email to you tomcat, and you can post.

booth and product looked great
Old 11-14-2003, 09:57 PM
Registered

Thanks Rob, I went to see you on Friday when things slowed down a bit, sorry I missed you. Email me, I'd love to see your photos.

I don't know why that link doesn't work. Try www.semashow.com and go from there. Click on the new product awards item at the bottom of the page, then on New Products on the page the opens.

Last edited by tomcat; 11-14-2003 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Registered

Here's a shot of the booth and the display engine.
Attached Thumbnails SEMA Show Photos-booth.jpg  
Old 11-15-2003, 10:31 PM
Registered

And a shot of some hot air salesman in the booth.
Attached Thumbnails SEMA Show Photos-tom-booth.jpg  
Old 11-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

it Rambunctious on Waterfoul's computer, since i am so cheap and he is not. rolleyes:
here is a pic of the rtech clan.:
Attached Thumbnails SEMA Show Photos-109-0945_img.jpg  

Last edited by Waterfoul; 11-16-2003 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

excessive
Attached Thumbnails SEMA Show Photos-110-1007_img.jpg  

Quick Reply: SEMA Show Photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.