Edelbrock heads >

Edelbrock heads

Notices

Edelbrock heads

Old 11-20-2003, 07:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the Dart O-port intake, It works well and has plenty of room to port match which is what I will do next time it is off. Chris
Old 11-21-2003, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again guys....

Pat, the flow #'s on edelbrock's sight are WAY optimistic. I've seen 2 other benches do them that flowed quite a bit less then what Edelbrock says. So who knows. ??

Yes, I prob would do a cam change. Your choice is really interesting I'll be really curious to see how it works, cause Lunati is a top notch cam grinder. I'm really considering doing a motor change. I'm tired of messing with this one. My thoughts are with a 502/502 shortblock, Edelbrock heads, Crane 731 cam, Edelbrock performer rpm intake, 800 cfm hp500 carb, and my gil exhaust (i get to re-use 1 thing.!!). If I can't swing the bux this winter, i will just put the Edelbrock heads on the 454 and run it 1 more year. It'll be a good OSO tech thread to see how much I pick up over the vortec heads. My friend that has the same boat as me is going to go with Merlin oval heads. It'll be fun to see who picks up more.!

GM makes a CNC matched intake for the heads. It's 229 bucks from a dealer. I think the Edelbrock intake could be made to fit pretty easy, it's got tons of extra aluminum to hog out.

Can't wait to hear how yours turns out. My friend and I have jokingly talked about starting a company that sells a 'package' for these motors. That way we could buy boat parts at discount.!.... There's alot of interest in them. The '330 on roids' thread shows that.! Keep me in the loop when you get yours done.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation porting

Ironman,
I couldn't tell you before and after becuas ethey never touched the motor prior to the port job.
Here's a pic sitting on the 540
Attached Thumbnails Edelbrock heads-dsc00135.jpg  
Old 11-21-2003, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And here they are with a port matched MPI manifold on top of them.....
Attached Thumbnails Edelbrock heads-dsc00139.jpg  
Old 11-21-2003, 12:16 PM
liquid lounge

Max- Yeah, I'm an 'ol CR guy....NE sider...Kennedy '76. Left for college after graduation and never returned. Actually, NE Iowa is one underrated place...IMO. I'm still a Hawkeye nut. Take Care, Berg.

Another plus for the Edelelbock heads is that the 454/502 MAG & the 7.4LX manifolds are already a very close match to the "rovels" and take just a little work for a good match. The runner roof on my manifold was about 3/8" less than the rectangle ports [big] heads! It would really be almost a better match on the LX!! If I were to match these heads to a true oval intake, I would flatten the floor of the intake manifold to match the head and then radius the roof on the head port to match the manifold....but we really need someone more qualified, such as JIMV to chime in.