Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Whipplesuperchargers >

Whipplesuperchargers

Notices

Whipplesuperchargers

Old 01-28-2002, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proof is in the product. Single engine cat. Before 84mph after with Whipple 106mph. The only problem is that I need another prop becuase I still hit the rev limiter, expect another 8-10mph by the time the dust settles.

As far as efficiency, any engine that makes more torque than horsepower is effiecient. Mine makes 792.2lb-ft at 3200 and 748.6hp at 5750. It makes over 700lb-ft all the way to 5250. That is serious bolt on performance for a turn key bolt on. Marine engines are supposed to have a flatter torque curve, that is the difference between marine and street. Just take a look at any of the Merc Racing dyno sheets.

Could not say enough about the customer service. Dustin responded after hours by e-mail and cell phone while I was going though the installation. BTW, I installed the system myself and I had never worked on a pushrod engine before in my life.

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: BadCat ]
Old 01-29-2002, 12:36 PM
Tee

Red face

Well, I now know I wish I knew about Dustin and all his support 2 years ago when I started my "Blown Small Block" project. I did get a part from him but it was long after I had already purchased my 6-71 and was just getting the final plumbing worked out. Two summers gone and I still don't think it is performing like it should.
I have read several of Dustins posts on this board and others. Doesn't matter the type of blower or application. He is ALWAYS helping out. Good Job Dustin!! I may be getting ahold of you when the ice comes off the lake. ---------- T