Notices

Intial Dart 540, AFR 315CNC Dyno Results

Old 12-27-2003, 02:20 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.konradmarine.com/
The drive that you are talking about is the Konrad 540.
How appropriate!
Old 12-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Monty,,, that engine sounds really awesome...

i am wanting some power like that for my boat.
any chance you could give me some more particulars.
like a complete parts list.i would really appreciate it

Don
Old 12-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Registered

how about a pic of the engine too while i'm begging

Don
Old 12-29-2003, 07:38 PM
Registered

Here's a couple of pics from today. We dyno'd the second 540 this afternoon.

The engine in the foreground on the pallet is the one we dyno'd last week. The engine on the dyno stand is the second one that we set up and dyno'd today.
Attached Thumbnails Intial Dart 540, AFR 315CNC Dyno Results-engines_dyno.jpg  

Last edited by Monty; 01-15-2004 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:21 AM
Registered

Very nice Monty. I have been considering something similar. I have been looking for someone in Northern IL that was good with engines. How was your experience with Fast Times overall? Are they familiar with marine requirements?

Steve
Old 12-30-2003, 07:52 AM
Registered

Fast Times has done all of my machine work and dyno testing/tuning for the last 6 years. To be honest, I wouldn't use anyone else. I always double check the machining before I assemble the motors and they have always been dead on. I have never had a complaint at all, and I feel that I've developed a good relationship with Jeff and he has always taken care of me. I've snet alot of business over there and I've never heard anyone complain. Of course, they do get busy at times, but if you have realistic timeline expections it shouldn't a problem. They are one of the top NMCA-NSCA and NMRA engine builders in the country, so they get very busy prior to the racing season, and they are actively involved with several racing teams. Just be up front with them and tell them when you need your parts/engines done.

Jeff at Fast Times is very familiar with the specific requirements of marine engines. Besides mine, there are several boat engines in the shop right now, a couple of real high-power, high-dollar one's too.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 346 Likes on 117 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats Monty!!! The engines are going to look great in the Mistress. Impressive numbers as well
Old 12-30-2003, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Monty, You mention that you need 2"to3"of top clearance for the 540's. What is higher? I'm considering a 540 for my vanilia 454 in a 22 Scarab. I figure that I have aprox 2.5" to work with from stock. Wife says sundeck stays the way it is. Thanks
Old 12-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Registered

Doug1 had the same boat and he was nice enough to measure from the base of the front of the intake manifold to the underside of the engine hatch. The measurement was 9.5". The Victor Jr intakes and Holley carbs are 9.125" from the base of the manifold to the carbs air cleaner/flame arrestor flange. The origonal Merc intakes were very short, only about 3" tall, while the Victor Jr is nearly 6" tall.

So in order to provide clearance for the flame arrestors, I will need to figure out a way to rraise the hatches at least 2" (for a 2" arrestor), but preferably 3" for the better flowing 3" arrestors. I'd love to be able to run a spacer between the carb and intake as I could probably pick up a little more power but that means raising the hatches an additional 1" or so. My wife already said no to scoops, so I've got to keep the sunpad too, which I'd prefer to so anyway.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Monty, I didn't think the victor JR. was that tall. I know the spacer was a no go. I hate to do it but I would give up some power for a lower intake, any thoughts? I could raise the sunpad some but it is part of the rear seat, and I also like it the way it is. 575 to 625 of bullitproof H.P. is my goal. What exhaust are you planning to use? Doug

Quick Reply: Intial Dart 540, AFR 315CNC Dyno Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.