upgrading standard bravo's >

upgrading standard bravo's

Notices

upgrading standard bravo's

Old 12-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default upgrading standard bravo's

what would a good upgrade for the standard bravo, both upper and lower be? with anticipation of HP upgrades.
later
Old 12-27-2003, 03:22 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

e-mail Chris Martin at [email protected]
Old 12-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Later, Whatcha planning on for power. I would have thought the Fountain had XZ Bravo's. That would definitely be an upgrade over the bravo's, but only for lower power mods; like 50-100 hp. If you are going to step up to 6,7,800hp, you are going to need some additional strength. Here are a few options, XR Bravo, IMCO Extreme, Max Machine Works, Teague. A friend has a Max machine works drive that seems to be holding up with 1200hp, and won his class at LOTO.
Nice meeting and talking to you at the (big dicks)shootout last summer.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

28 eliminator, the xr/xz bravos did not come out untill after i ordered my boat. at the time the heavy duty was the the best they had which only had heavy duty gimble pins, if i keep the boat im going to do something power wise. As always its good to meet different boats and was a pleasure for us also, hopefully will do it again this year. im goming to pull the drives this winter and clean them up and ive been having one of the drives start shifting hard and thought while off, i would explore the upgrades. until we meet again.

later
Old 12-28-2003, 01:30 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Later,
The best thing you could do would be an X gear upgrade. You could look at a steel tower, Maxx is doing this for a very reasonable price. I think an XR IT cap is worth the money spent also.
You can also jump to the XR gears. With proper set they will hold up to modest power increases. Of course all depends on boat weight and HP and driver skill. But the weak link in the standard Bravo is the gears. I spent a lot of money having others do upgrades on my drive with little sucess. I am now building my own drive and doing it for others. So far no problems. Let me know if I can be of any help. In the process now of building a shop to do it "right"..

Dick