Will this help my screw lifts?? >

Will this help my screw lifts??

Notices

Will this help my screw lifts??

Old 01-30-2002, 10:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was thinking of mounting a MicroSwitch on the side of the stationary part of the unit and a tab on the moving shaft.
I'll have to research it but I don't think these switches can handle the full current load without a solenoid or rely in-between.
I'll let you know how I make out.
Old 01-30-2002, 11:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was just thinking, my lift has only two wires running to it with no third wire going to ground. The main switch must cause a reversal of polarity to change direction of motion.
If there's a rely or solenoid in the line(s) how would it change direction?
The wire with the relay/solenoid would not allow current to pass in the opposite direction.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Iggy ]
Old 01-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Brad Perry

iggy,

You can set up the relays in the same configuration as in a solid state controller. Use what's called an H bridge. Visualize 4 relays and for the moment, don't worry about the coils, Just one set of contacts each. Arrange them in four corners. Now connect one each of the upper two relay's contacts to 12 volts and the same for the bottom two relays except for ground. Now conect the remaining contacts of the two relays on the left side. Do the same to the right side. Now connect the motor to each of these most recent connections. Now if the upper right relay and the lower left relay is turned on, the motor will rotate in one direction. Do the opposite, and the motor will be reversed. Do nothing and it will also. Now you have four coils left. Connect the upper right and lower left in parallel. Do the same for the others. Now you have in effect only two coils. Energize one and the motor moves on way, the other and the motor will go the other way, both at the same time and you will need a fire extinguisher. Now take one lead of each coil and run it to ground. Now you only have two wires remaining. Connect each to the ends of a single pole double throw rocker switch with 12v (fused) connected to the center terminal and you're there. Let me know and I can draw you a schematic in a format you can download if you want.

Old 01-30-2002, 02:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brad, please do. I can visualize what you're describing but a schematic would be better.
I plan on using solid-state relays in place of magnetic. Only problem is that the ones I have are rated for 20 amp. Not sure how much the screw drive pulls. I may need to go to 40 amp relays.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:59 PM
Brad Perry

check your e-mail.

Old 01-30-2002, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brad I didn't give enough thought about the relay set-up, but you're right you will need more than a single relay for the reversing of polarity. If you don't mind send the schematic this way. Thanks

As for dual lifts,I'd as soon have a single, centered, any day but room doesn't allow in the center of the bilge.

Roger
Old 01-31-2002, 09:38 AM
Registered

Look at cpperformance.com under catalog/hatch accessories. You'll find a part called a "Hatch Actuator Accelerator" PN620-3316 for single ram use and PN 620-434 for dual ram application.

Craig
Old 02-01-2002, 07:53 AM
Registered

I'll check it out mltdwn12. Thanks man
Old 02-01-2002, 09:01 AM
Brad Perry

It's headed your way, Stryker.