Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Silent Choice Blockoff >

Silent Choice Blockoff

Notices

Silent Choice Blockoff

Old 02-16-2004, 05:07 PM
jhnrckr

Originally posted by glassdave
i did almost the same as jhnrckr,except i used the black rubber female block off plugs from the plumbing dept. dont forget to double up the hose clamps. mine have been on for about 100 hours with no problems.

jhnrckr- did you use the ones that have the one nut in the middle that expands the plug or are they hose clamp type also.
I used the ones with the nut in the middle but I just used the old hose clamps to hold them in.

Old 02-17-2004, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a performance boat,not a farm truck.Don't be lazy,just pull the motor and yank the Y-pipe.You will be much happier with the look and the extra room if you gotta work around the lower portion of the engine.Whenever I do somthing half-assed it drives me nuts till I fix it propper.It will take you about 4 hours and a case of beer providing you have usage of a crane.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got the rubber plumbing caps. I had them on there for two seasons with no problems. Just secure them with clamps like you use for the exhaust. I recently removed the y-pipe when we had the eninge out. It just frees up a little room.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 474 Likes on 275 Posts

Actually it will take about 10-12 hours because there are two of them. As service is needed later I would pull them, but right now looking for a solution to a temporary and problem.
Thanks, for the input. And you are right, its not a farm truck and those thing sticking up would drive me nuts until they were removed!
Revised estimate..... 2 1/2 days... That case of beer always somehow adds time to a project.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Registered

Default Re: Silent Choice Blockoff

Originally posted by Helmwurst
Anyone ever disconnected their Silent Choice and left the "Y" pipes in? If so, how did you seal off the "Y" pipe where the diverters?

I used rubber hose and clamps
but it worked and we never sank the boat,Darin
Old 02-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Registered

Originally posted by steelware
I got the rubber plumbing caps. I had them on there for two seasons with no problems. Just secure them with clamps like you use for the exhaust. I recently removed the y-pipe when we had the eninge out. It just frees up a little room.
perfect.

Jeff////////////// The ACCLERATOR 27 PITCH IS ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Silent Choice Blockoff-evmp1004.jpg  

Last edited by HOUSTONPROP; 02-17-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Registered

I was looking at the welds on the aluminum box,no we did not WELD that DARIN
Old 02-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Registered

Just thinkin out loud but why not pull the ehhaust hose and plug from outside.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 474 Likes on 275 Posts
Default Blockoff

Don't have hoses on the outside... Not a bad idea though to block off the outside also. I would not trust that to be the only plug, not underwater anyway.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going to block off my Silent-Choice also, but I'm a little confused.............

Are you guy's using a round rubber plug with a nut in the end that when tightened it expands?? If so, then how are you getting that to plug the Y-pipe? It's Oval not Round!!
Or are you using some other type of rubber end plug???
The only way I was thinking it would work is to use the exsisting rubber hose that goes to the Y-pipe and instead of it connecting to the Silent-Choice, connect a piece of PVC pipe, then use the round plug like you mentioned. I wouldn't think you could use the pipe plug inside the rubber hose, could you?????

Quick Reply: Silent Choice Blockoff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.