Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
exhaust valves >

exhaust valves

Notices

exhaust valves

Old 03-01-2004, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manley closed the plant in the northeast. I believe Maine. I found this out because I bought several sets from a wholesaler who bougt hundreds of sets from Manley. Valve prices have soared lately. What a shame that such a great company has to move operations out of the USA. Can't they be made here and still be competetive ? Or has both greed and laziness set the precedence of business in America? (WE SOLD US OUT !) BBB
Old 03-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Inconel for blower motors is a must, (exhaust valves)

Lucky Strike
Old 03-01-2004, 11:22 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would use Inconel exhaust valves exclusively in any performance Marine application. I have seen the effects, 2 separate times, in an N/A motor, when not using Inconel exhaust. Don't skimp on valve train parts. You can't afford not to.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default correction!

I just wanted to make sure that everyone is aware that Manley performance Products are not sell outs!! We manufacture our valves in the great state of New Jersey and have for many years! We have one wearhouse in Orange California in which we stock valves to make it easier for those on the west coast to get parts quicker. If anyone would like to confirm this you can visit us at 1960 Swarthmore ave in Lakewood NJ. I would be happy to proove you wrong. I assume you are talking about a Company that is LESS known but goes by the name of Manley valves. Every please note the difference between these two Companies.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AMABRINK
I just wanted to make sure that everyone is aware that Manley performance Products are not sell outs!! We manufacture our valves in the great state of New Jersey and have for many years! We have one wearhouse in Orange California in which we stock valves to make it easier for those on the west coast to get parts quicker. If anyone would like to confirm this you can visit us at 1960 Swarthmore ave in Lakewood NJ. I would be happy to proove you wrong. I assume you are talking about a Company that is LESS known but goes by the name of Manley valves. Every please note the difference between these two Companies.

Im confused,Manley perf makes manley valves?

This shows Manley performance pro web address as Manley valves.

http://www.macraesbluebook.com/searc...company=483880

This is the one Im familiar with
http://www.manleyperformance.com/

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

Amabrink:

Welcome to OSO. I assume you work for Manley Performance Products? You are saying that Manley performance forges your one piece valves in New Jersey? Or do you mean you machine the forgings in New Jersey? Please , some clarification for us.
Thank You,

Regards,
Ray @ Raylar