Notices

Whipple

Old 03-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Scott McKay

Will a new whipple charger fit a 27' Fountain without back seat modifications? I just purchased a 1995 Fever, and would like to upgrade the 502 MPI with a Whipple. I have the need for some speed and the Reggie papers of 71 MPH are not going to do it for me.
Also, Who is Dustin? and how do I reach him?

Thanks,
Scott

Old 03-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Scott McKay

Will a new whipple charger fit a 27' Fountain without back seat modifications? I just purchased a 1995 Fever, and would like to upgrade the 502 MPI with a Whipple. I have the need for some speed and the Reggie papers of 71 MPH are not going to do it for me.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 03-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Fuelish Pleasures

Dustin is the guy you want to talk to at Whipple.

Whipple contact info:

Web: http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/
Phone: (559) 442-1261
Fax: (559) 442-4153
E-mail:
Technical Department: [email protected]
Sales: [email protected]

Address:
3292 N. Weber
Fresno, CA 93722

Last edited by Fuelish Pleasures; 03-26-2004 at 06:45 PM.

Old 03-26-2004, 07:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Scott McKay

Thanks,
Scott
Scott,
The back seat will have to be cut for the pulley to clear with a Whipple, I had one and sold it because of that and went with a Procharger instead, no clearance issues, gained 15 mph and have run it for two years with no problems. The Whipple is a great kit also, so as long as they are both set up properly either one is a good choice in my opinion!
Old 03-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott McKay, Dustin Whipple is his name.
That should tell the story. He is the person you have to talk to when you need tech support / advise.

hotlavey, how is the install time fram looking. Do you have the equipment yet? Keep us posted on the progress.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Registered

The install will be taking place next week by a former employee of Whipples who is now located at Lake Havasu. He has 20 years experience so I am very comfortable with him. Dustin recommends him highly. I'll keep you posted on the progress and results. Right now I'm trying to locate a loaner 30" & a 31" Bravo to put on when I run it. I ran a 26" tuned but that's going to be too small now. I think Lavey will loan me one or the other, I hope.

Tom
Old 03-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Registered

Cool, looks like you will be on the water pretty soon. Sounds like you have a great resource for the install.
Tha should be a lot of fun!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:19 PM
Registered

Rock, Taking the boat to him this Monday. The blower is there waiting to be installed. He insists on doing a "in-the-water" test as soon as he is done which is a very good thing. He feels the job will take about a week so maybe by the 12th of April I'll be able to give you some first hand results.

Tom
Old 03-31-2004, 10:27 PM
Registered

Man, I bet you are getting excited. I wish my big boat would go that fast orrrr correction, I wish I had enough money to make my boat go that fast. Maybe in a year or 2 I can either upgrade or build a 572 blown monster and get this 28 footer to go 100.
I think an in water test is the right way. When I did mine I spent a lot of time dialing it in and even had to send the ECU back to get it reprogrammed. Your guy hopefully can just reprogram it fast and try it again until it's right.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Registered

Talking

Rock, from what Bernie tells me(he's the one doing the install) the ECU has to be sent to Whipple for the reprogramming. That's why it takes one week for the complete install. You're right, I am getting excited and anxious to get this puppy in the water with all the mods. I spoke with Jeff yesterday at the Anaheim Boat Show(He's one of the owners of Laveycraft) and he has a 30" bravo to loan me for a trial run.
I'm ready!!!

Tom

Remember, if you have some extra cash, you don't own a boat!

Quick Reply: Whipple

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.