Old 07-11-2004, 03:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mirage conversion to ACCLERATOR

new Bravo-ones Labbed And Ready To Go

Standard Hub Kits Included

Shipping Extra.

850.00 For A Limited Time Only.

Last edited by HOUSTONPROP; 07-29-2004 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Registered

Darin:Guess you got the props Sat from what I can tell. Please call me with any questions/suggestions or problems you might have. If I can get the 3mph you think I can I will be THRILLED!!! I did have one question I wanted to ask you though...Do you think the increase in speed will be from the max speed on the Ballistic or on the Mirage+/Accelerator conversion. The Ballistic was 2mph faster stock than the Mirage+. Yet down 300rpms from what I need (As was the Mirage+).

Randy
"Bad-Habit"
Old 07-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Registered

Randy it could be the Ballastic that will run the fastest in the long run,they are good props and very thin.will so find out.I will call you.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HOUSTONPROP
Randy it could be the Ballastic that will run the fastest in the long run,they are good props and very thin.will so find out.I will call you.
If you thin the Mirage+ to the thickness of the Ballistic so that both are equal in thickness shouldn't the accelerator design be faster? Also since the 21p Mirage (not Mirage+) was only 1mph slower than the Ballistic should that be an option? Again the problem with the Mirage was it was down 900rpm's from where I need and a dog out of the hole and with accelleration. Cornering was good. Which ever prop you think will give the best #'s let me know........

Randy
"Bad-Habit"
Old 07-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Registered

Randy call when you can,Darin

281-580-PROP (7767)
Old 07-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Registered

Just wanted to drop a line here to let everyone know I got my prop (Mirage+) back from Darin. Prop looks like new! I had some slight damage on it and you would never know...Darin has been great to work with and I am looking forward to testing the thing out while on my vacation the next couple of days.... I let Darin know how the two props performed and told him I was needing another 2-300rpm's and hoping for a couple of mph over my old prop (Michigan Ballistic). Both were the same pitch.....I know Darin gets alot of good pub here and I wanted to give him some more! From what I have read and seen he deserves it! Thanks again Darin I will post results soon!

BH
Old 07-26-2004, 06:19 AM
Registered

I just overnighted mine to Darin this morning. I did some last minute speed rpm tesing last night. I will post the results when I get the props back.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hi Darin, Received my 30 pitch Bravo 1's on Friday,Thanks for the quick turnaround, We ran the boat this weekend after Darin reworked the props, I have a Formula 312 with twin 502 mags, Before sending my props out to Houston propeller we ran a couple of test.

The boat would run 70.2 on gps @4700 RPM, When i would try to start trimming out the boat (3 on the mechanical indicators) i could get to 4900 rpm's but would lose 2 mph, The props would not hold the further i would trim out, i also noticed that the mid range acceleration was not there with the original set up on the props.

Now with the props back from Houston propeller they came back lab finished and highly polished, We are now able to run at 5000 rpm's, we are now getting 73.4 on gps and i can trim out to 5 on the mechanical indicators and they will still hold with no cavitation, and the mid range acceleration will set you back in your seat, There still may be some speed left as i ran out of lake on one of my speed runs, Darin was able to get me to where i wanted to be with my props, I would highly recommend Houston propeller for any work anybody would need on there props cause the results are there to back up there reputation, Darin thanks again, Jeff
Old 07-26-2004, 10:04 AM
Registered

Jeff,
Thanks for the info. This is good to know. I was worried about loosing rpm based on some other posts. I hope my results are as hood as yours. 69.4 GPS before Darin does his magic.
Brian
Old 07-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Brian, Thanks for the reply, If you tell darin you are looking to raise your rpm's by 200 or 300 rpms he should be able to do it, I think you will be very pleased with the results, Jeff

Quick Reply: Mirage conversion to ACCLERATOR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.