Mirage conversion to ACCLERATOR >

Mirage conversion to ACCLERATOR

Notices

Mirage conversion to ACCLERATOR

Old 07-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mirage conversion to ACCLERATOR

What are your slip #'s with the 30's labbed?
Old 07-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Russ, looks to be right around 15%, Thanks, Jeff
Old 07-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Registered

Do you remember what the slip #'s where before you had them labbed.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Russ, the slip was at 13% before and 14.7% after, Thanks, Jeff
Old 07-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAD-HABIT
Just wanted to drop a line here to let everyone know I got my prop (Mirage+) back from Darin. Prop looks like new! I had some slight damage on it and you would never know...Darin has been great to work with and I am looking forward to testing the thing out while on my vacation the next couple of days.... I let Darin know how the two props performed and told him I was needing another 2-300rpm's and hoping for a couple of mph over my old prop (Michigan Ballistic). Both were the same pitch.....I know Darin gets alot of good pub here and I wanted to give him some more! From what I have read and seen he deserves it! Thanks again Darin I will post results soon!

BH
Well got back yesterday and got a good chance to try out the prop....Good news and Bad news Prop seemed to plane out better and low to midrange acceleration was better also. But the prop seemed to really lay down on the top end though my top speed was actually up (compared to the Mirage+ design) by just under 1mph. I was still down about 1.5mph from the Ballistic prop though...One note though was we left the pitch alone but with cleaning the prop up along with the lab and accelerator design I picked up a little too much Rpm's. I was pushing about 200 rpms' too much. I think this was why I felt the boat lay down on the top end.... Prop seemed to be sensitive to trim and I couldn't trim up past 3/8" of the way with out blow out. The prop did hold fairly well in the corners though. The Finish on the prop was excellent. I am in the process of putting things away from the trip and plan on getting ahold of Darin tonight or tommorow. I figure that maybe going up in pitch two inches might be the trick...Whats everyone else think? I will let everyone know what Darin reccomends....

BH
Old 07-29-2004, 12:37 PM
Registered

Bad Habit , Thanks for posting I think the prop could use a little more cup in the right places This will pull the r'sssss dn 200 and let you trim higher also it should lift the boat even higher reducing drag ,resulting in more top end .send the prop in for adjustments when you can .Pitching the prop up would in my opinoin slow the boat down.Thanks again for the Business and we will call you when the prop arrives,make sure you put a copy of this in the box to help guide me upon arrival.Thanks Darin >Houston PROPELLER
Old 07-29-2004, 12:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bad Habit, I think the rule of thumb here is 1" of pitch equals 200 rpm's +/- depending if your adding pitch or subtracting pitch, so going up 2" would be a reduction of 400 rpm's i don't know where you are at now, But probably adding some cup to the prop will get it to hold as you trim out, I know i had the some of the same issues as you( Read my post above) and darin was able to "Nail" my props right on as to what i relayed to him that was going on, I am sure he will make it right, Jeff
Old 07-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HOUSTONPROP
Bad Habit , Thanks for posting I think the prop could use a little more cup in the right places This will pull the r'sssss dn 200 and let you trim higher also it should lift the boat even higher reducing drag ,resulting in more top end .send the prop in for adjustments when you can .Pitching the prop up would in my opinoin slow the boat down.Thanks again for the Business and we will call you when the prop arrives,make sure you put a copy of this in the box to help guide me upon arrival.Thanks Darin >Houston PROPELLER
Darin: The thing about the pitch that concerned me was my old 21p Mirage (non +) ran the same speed as the accelerator but at way too low of rrrr's (4650). I figured that combined with the fact it felt like it laid down on the top end might mean more pitch was needed. Would the lack of cup cause this? Just wondering... But your Da-Man so If you say it will slow me down Im with you. Will ship the prop out probally Monday. I will Email the shipping info. Thanks for your time....

Randy
"Bad-Habit"

Last edited by BAD-HABIT; 07-29-2004 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my acclerator prop great bow lift and comes out of the hole great run extremely smooth to. The best service around turned mine around in a week looks great to . Thanks Darin for a great job will be sending all my work to you and all the people I know on the lake
Old 08-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered

Thanks to everyone out ther running the New Acclerator PROP,WE ARE GLAD THAT WE HAVE PROVIDED A PROP THAT WILL GIVE YOU ALMOST the best of both worlds.

Call Houston Propeller to have your Mirage converted or place your order on a NEW ACCLERATOR.Again Thanks to ALL.
OTHER PROPS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.

Quick Reply: Mirage conversion to ACCLERATOR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.