Trim Tab Help Needed >

Trim Tab Help Needed

Notices

Trim Tab Help Needed

Old 04-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Tab Help Needed

I have this set of trim tabs and need to get the kit to grip the indicator cable. The threaded boss has female threads that appear to be 1"-8, or 10.
If you know who made these, it would help me get started.

thanks
Shawn
Attached Thumbnails Trim Tab Help Needed-trimtabslfront.jpg  

Last edited by shawn; 04-01-2004 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Registered

Shawn hi Check and see, most likely pipe thread. if so stainless marine makes a fitting, You can always plug that hole a drill and tap a new one for whatever fitting you can find. Will you be ready soon? New cams to?
Old 04-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Registered

Hey Michael, sure am glad the winter has thawed. I started to replace springs and found 4 out of 8 broken, which explains why I could only get 5,000 rpm last year. The springs beat the snot out of the shims and made little bitty chunks of metal on top of the head. They are out and the engine builder said it looks like everything is reusable. He will have them honed by Monday and will know for certain then. The heads and carbs are at Nickerson's and he recommends a cam similar to the crane 651. There is a guy with the same package in Phila who loves the engines, said they idle nicely and run great. They dynoed at 628 at 5700. I don't want any more than that with the Bravo drives. I won't see that much HP with the gils, but she should be an honest 600 hp. Really looking forward to the summer. I attached the trim tabs to the transom today and need to drill the backing plate in the boat too. I had hoped to have my machine shop do it for me, but it will work out better if I do it on site, the same for the tab. I went with 5/8 thick because he had it laying around and the price was right free. Did you do anything to your boat this winter? How is the big turbine boat? Did Chip do any dialling in over the winter?

Shawn
Old 04-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Registered

Think Merc's are 3/4 pipe thread.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Registered

Shawn It is a good thing you checked your valve springs. Would hate to find that in June. I am not sure about that cam though, we don't want your boat to be any faster.
I have done a little work on mine ,had the rev limiters reset,also some work on the tunnel tab and re-powder coated. It is installed now with a new switch on the throttle handle. Chip is busy buying new toys, but he did fix some storm damage on the fountain,new windshield. Maybe the weather will improve soon. Are you having your motors dyno run before installation?