Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
350 mag won't start after new plugs >

350 mag won't start after new plugs

Notices

350 mag won't start after new plugs

Old 04-03-2004, 12:27 PM
bowtie89

Default 350 mag won't start after new plugs

I just changed the plugs in my 1989 350 magnum and now it won't even pop or fire up at all I pulled all the plugs adn connected the wires and they all spark but I am getting nothing! I changed to the extended nose plugs (champoin RV91MC) I hope that doesn't mean anything they are supposed to be better per dennis moores book! Now it is very humid and rained alot yestarday and this mornig and the whole engine compartment is saturated with condensation (including the carborateur) I don't know what else to check and I am getting very frustrated because it was running last week with old plugs that practicaly came apart when I took them out! why can't I get anything now!!
Harry

Old 04-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're sure it's got gas to the carb? Work the throttle and sniff the carb.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:07 PM
bowtie89

Default definitly

I pump it from the engine and I watch it go in!

Old 04-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try pulling a plug and leave the plug wire connected. Ground the plug to a good ground on the block, turn the engine over, and see if you get spark at the plug/electrode.

Make sure the pulled plug IS NOT exposed to any fumes or flameable stuff. Hope this helps.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Registered

Try putting the old ones back in if they are still salvagable. See if it fires like before?
Old 04-03-2004, 02:58 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are your plug wirer's on the right plugs? you didn't cross the wirer's! no offense but it happens. spark & fuel will make it firer.it's simple as that. RB
Old 04-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Registered

Has the dist. sensor been changed since 1989? Put a spark jumper from the coil to ground. Disconnect wht/grn wire that goes to the ign. box from the dist. sensor. Turn key switch to run position, touch the wht/grn wire to ground and see if you get spark from the coil. If you do but when you cranked it before you had no spark, its the dist. sensor. If no spark, could be key switch, coil, ign. box or ground/wiring problem.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:41 PM
bowtie89

I did one plug at a time so getting them crossed is out of the picture! I jsut went and bought new one the same as the old and same nothing I took each one out idividualy and turned the engine over and saw a spark from the electrode I don't get it something else must have happened

Old 04-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Banned

Kill switch?
Old 04-03-2004, 04:39 PM
bowtie89

the kill switch kills the spark and I have spark from what it seems!! New twist in the mix the batteries have been charging all day so they are stong but now when I turn the starter it is struggling its turning very slow, almost like its restricted!! oh yeah and now it seems like it wants to go I get the occasional pop but I just can't make it start!

Quick Reply: 350 mag won't start after new plugs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.