Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Help me make an exhaust choice >

Help me make an exhaust choice

Notices

Help me make an exhaust choice

Old 02-06-2002, 08:08 AM
sonicse

Post Help me make an exhaust choice

I am considering switching my exhaust to add performance but am faced with a choice. I am wondering what is better the Gil or IMCO powerflow. Any help is greatly appriciated

Old 02-06-2002, 08:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMCO is a good one, buttttttttt!
Stainless Marine with extended tips!

Works great! Sounds great! Reasonably priced!!

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: 29scarab ]
Old 02-06-2002, 08:22 AM
boater31

stainless marine!! they have worked great for me. you can get the riser built so it goes all the way out and have the water dump at the tip. they sound great but look out if you have a strict noise ordinance

Old 02-06-2002, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am installing Stainless Marine headers now. They are the cast aluminum versions. I was impressed with the quality of manufacture & finish on them. I hope they perform up to standard.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:06 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I HAVE BOTH GILL & STAINLESS MARINE. THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH BOTH OF THEM IS VERY HARD TO CHANGE PLUGS. AND MUST BE CARFULL WITH POWDER COATING.I OVERHEATED ONE ENGINE & POWDER COATING BUBBLED AN MUST BE RECOATED. CP IS NOW MAKING STAINLESS TUBED EXHAUST THAT WILL REPLACE GILL EXACTLY.YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO USE YOUR EXISTING TAIL PIPES.OR THEY CAN HAVE NEW ONES MADE FOR A NEW INSTALL.I DONT KNOW PRICE BUT YOU CAN CALL THEM.I KNOW PRODUCTION IS IN PROGRESS AS WE SPEEK.AND FINISHED PRODUCT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS.IF YOUR RUNNING TWINS ALMOST TOTALY IMPOSSABLE TO CHANGE CENTER PLUGS. I TRIED BROKE 2 AND 1 MOTOR TOOK 5 HOURS. A REAL PAIN IN THE ASS.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:35 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I just added a set of Gil Wet Offshore's. I think they look great and fit great. I have a single engine, changing plugs is still as easy as ever. I can't give you any performance gains, still winter over here, I am not expecting to see much this summer.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:52 PM
Registered

Dyno put EMI Thunder on his 31ss Sonic. I don't think the installation was that bad and the boat runs out very well. Hooked up with the Silent Choice too.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:08 PM
turbo73

Both the Imco powerflow and EMI work very well. The two systems are very similiar. Each can be custom fit for your applications and offer silencers to comply with ordinances. EMI is cheaper. Both come in several colors with stainless risers, so clean up is easy. Total marine and Performance in LA stocks and installs both systems, they were by far the cheapest when I bought mine. They can be reached at 985-649-9888