Notices

Dodge Hemi

Old 04-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dodge Hemi

since there are so many members on board that know alot about motors ??I, thought I would get some opinions on the Dodge hemi,that they put in the pickups .

1>what is the hp

2> torque

3>red-line on motor

4>are they any good,your honest input would be neat to hear .

what is the hemi ,explanation (more than a car sales man can give (no offense if you are one>
Old 04-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Danny_Ocean

Here's all the answers:

http://www.elepent.com/review.php?nr=552

Now tell me what prop I should use! Props are much more confusing to me than any other mechanical item...

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Old 04-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I drove one as a rental for a week. Sounded sweet and moved good once it would up but it felt weak on the low end where you need it in a truck. Felt more like a sports car motor.

Old 04-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My neighbor has one in a 4x4... we took it to Death Valley and hot rodded it up and down dirt roads... ran great.. lots of power and torque.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:40 AM
Registered

Here is a picture of a hemispherical combustion chamber... it's off a 1954 Jaguar xk 120... hemi's have been around a long time.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:42 AM
Registered

Hemi's have been refined quite a bit since the 50's... they now have twin plugs and not quite as steep of a valve angle... these old heads were 90 degrees between the valves... you can see the intake on the right... the exhaust on the left and the plug hole in the center.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:52 AM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

I love my dodge hemi and wouldn't think of getting any other truck. I tow a 28 scarab back a forth to lake George all summer ( 3 hour drive) effortlessly. Starting from a dead stop with the boat in tow It can accelerate faster than what is necessary while towing a boat.

The shift curves will take some getting use to. The motor has a ton of tork and dose not need to rev so high but if you are not use to the low rpms and end up pushing the gas peddle down dont be surprised if the truck skips a gear when it shifts and goes from 2200 rpm to 5000 rpm and shift again at 5600 rpm. Just hold on when she dose.

Its also fun having a truck that is faster than a lot of cars out there.

the ride and handling are great compared to any dodge truck previous. Just get the 20" rims for the better handling. Also it is better on gas than the old 5.9 and has a 100 more HP.

I have had a 95 , 2000, and my 93 hemi. By far this is a much superior truck to any dodge has built in the past. That also goes for the interior design as well. There is an unbelievable amount of storage. Look to get the folding out load floor for the back seat and the stereo controls on the steering wheel. They were well worth it.

My truck was one of the first 1500 hemi's ever built . I was able to order the truck 3 months prior to dodge even advertising for it.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Registered

Does anybody have real word gas milage on one of these. Towing and not.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2004, 09:25 AM
ursus

Originally posted by Reed Jensen
Hemi's have been refined quite a bit since the 50's... they now have twin plugs and not quite as steep of a valve angle... these old heads were 90 degrees between the valves... you can see the intake on the right... the exhaust on the left and the plug hole in the center.
The 1955 ( and on) 4 cylinder porsche 4 cams engines here hemi heads with twin plugs and somewhat less than 90 degrees, 70ish I think (they went to 90 on the 8 cylinder that won lemans in the mid 60's)

everything old is new again [IMG]c2head.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Registered

I have been in Hot Boats Dodge and all I can say is they have come a long way, that truck is slick. It's so smooth it's deceptive..

Quick Reply: Dodge Hemi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.