Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Alarm Question >

Alarm Question

Notices

Alarm Question

Old 02-11-2002, 12:44 PM
FA18Driver

Question Alarm Question

Hello Gang, I took a look thru all the old posts and didn't see the answer I was looking for. Maybe one of you will know? This weekend my engine alarm started going off all the time. I checked the drive oil and it is ok, my question is, does the alrm unit use the same sending units as the guages? The temp and oil pressure both work as normal but the alarm goes off all the time. Thanks for your help.

Old 02-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they use differant senders on the older motors.try to unhook the wires to your drive res bottle.sometimes the switch sticks.
Old 02-11-2002, 12:54 PM
FA18Driver

Wink

Thanks mine are 1995 models if that helps with the sender question. I will try the sender tonight when I get home. Again thanks

Old 02-11-2002, 02:00 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you been doing any work under the helm? The senders for the alarm work by simply establishing a ground for the energized buzzer circuit. You might have something making contact and grounding it out.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:05 PM
FA18Driver

Talking

Thanks Budman, no I haven't but that still could be a problem, as it started as we were out running. Could be a wire fell off and touching something I guess since all it would take is a short to ground of any kind huh? I am going to check the drive res. and then if that isn't it I will open the helm and look and test the circuit with a meter. Thanks again for all of your help