Update on engine need more advice

Notices

Update on engine need more advice

Old 04-18-2004, 06:44 AM
RMM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on engine need more advice

Well, here's the deal had posted a week ago that thought I put water pump on backwards and caused engine to overheat subsequently getting water into cylinders and crankcase. After two days of changing oil, and all kinds of other tests, finally find that water isn't even getting to pump so has to be something on outdrive. Marina pulls boat and the hose at top of the Bravo I drive that runs over top of bellows is literally kinked into a V and twisted over 180 degrees. Just like when kink a garden hose. So now have found the problem. Last month marina did a bunch of outdive work and when reinstalled obviously screwed the hose up.

So they have admitted it is their fault and said would fix, but my real concern here is the engine is only TWO years old and not sure what damage has already been done. I did a compression test and all cylinerds are between 147 and 155. They are going to fix the hose and get running and see if get water intrusion again. They don't even have the ability to do a leak down test. Thinking about getting shop that installed it to come down and give it a good onece over.

Would like some advice on what else/tests should be done? Thanks
Old 04-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Having the same Problem cept my pump went out ...I doubt fixing the hose in your case is going to solve the water intrusion ...something had to go ...Exhaust Man. Head ..Block (yikes) ...My EM tested ok ..waiting on head test (Mon.) ...were you getting water in all Cylinders ?
Old 04-18-2004, 02:25 PM
RMM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Water was in at least 4 cylinders. What is the next logical test? How do you test risers, mainfolds, heads?
Old 04-18-2004, 02:36 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the supply water line was kinked so no water was getting to the pump, where did the water that got inside the motor come from?
Old 04-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Prob some water got thru ..but not enough to cool ...thus something let go .... Heads need to be tested.. Magnafluxed by head shop .....EM"s .. can be pressure tested .....I was told risers cant be tested ....all need visual inspection ....