bravo pitot block >

bravo pitot block

Notices

bravo pitot block

Old 04-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bravo pitot block

I have hopelessly blocked off my spedo pickup on the front of my bravo drive. Does anyone know of a supply of good and properly sized pickups that I can attach @ the transom, or plates?
Old 04-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you tried drilling it out? You can drop the lower and inject some Muriatic acid in there to soften what is most likely a stick. While it is apart you can force compressed air back-wards through it.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the suggestions however I have now broken off two bits trying to drill out the obstruction and can not get the remains out. I did try 150#s of air no luck. I am afraid to drill around the problems as to the possibility of striking oil. I put a small pick up on the transom and it is not accurate compared to my GPS, so I am trying to find a bigger-better pick-up and then I can drill it out to the same size as the original bravo pick up. Anybody know how big the pickup hole is on a bravo?
Old 04-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

The stainless insert is pressed into the aluminum case. It WILL come out, and you can press a new one in. The tube is appx 3.5" long. You can easily go that deep without any oil striking worries.

Generally, you can "thread" a slightly "too large" drill bit into the tube and pull the whole shebang out.

Not that tough.

In the future, use a 0.093" drill bit and glue it into a wooden dowel so you can spin the debris out by hand, not with a power tool.