Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Vinyl Stains >

Vinyl Stains

Notices

Vinyl Stains

Old 05-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For rust stains try putting lemon juice on the stain first and then putting salt (table salt) over the whole stain. Let it sit in the sun until it dries. Trust me, it DOES work.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by 28Eliminator
Hey, Macklin and steelware.
What is a good vinyl protectant to use?
I recently used Frenzy's Vinyl Protectant and was very pleased with the results. Almost slid right off the back of the boat after applying it.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:47 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best vinyl protectant I have tried so far is Frenzy Vinyl protectant. They are an OSO advertiser. Stuff lasts better than anything!!!

Macklin is right. Beleive it or no, Sea Power cleaner wax will take stains right out when everything else won't. Just wipe it right off and apply Frenzy protectant. This works.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 05-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing against the frenzy or any other product. One of the reasons I liked the mequires is that it didnt make the vinyl slippery.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Registered

OOPS in an aersol can from Walmart will remove about anything. Can de-tar my oxford white superduty in 30 minutes. Labeled for tar, gum, crayon, lipstick, etc.

Also I was cleaning the sun deck of my outlaw one day trying to get the white-white again. My exhaust will discolor the back end of my sun pad. Nothing was working and a buddy walked by and said he had just the thing. Turns out he uses an outdoor patio furniture cleaner from Walmart. I tried it and it was as white as the day I bought it.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Has anyone been able to get rid of black shoe scuff marks off of white vinyl? And no, don't even think about getting in the boat with shoes on. These happened before I bought the boat, and they are the only flaws on the boat now. Anyone????
Old 05-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Registered

You'll probably laugh at this suggestion -- but I tested it again today---WESLEY's BLEACHWHITE White Tire Cleaner.

I had the drives and engines pulled from my boat last week and it seems like all mechanics in the marine industry enjoy tramping all over boat with geasry booats and leavining geasy hadnprints everywhere.

My white cockpit floor, engine compartment, white vinyl and white Imron paint were blotched with all the above and worse. I left the boat a little while ago and it looked like it had been detailed using that stuff.

It's the best fiberglass cleaner, stainless cleaner, vinyl cleaner, engine cleaner--and by the way it cleans tires and wheels (and showers, kitchen sinks, toilets) better than anything made---

BTW--I don't work for them---I just uise it by the gallon.

Poorsche

www.boatmat.com
Old 05-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Registered

If you haven't already set the stains with other products, our Waxing Frenzy! will remove just about anything from vinyl, as will our Shark Tower! without harming it.

I recommend that you stay away from using bleach, alchohol (it's meant for drinking, not cleaning), or any harsh/corrosive cleaners and solvents. You will dry out the material and the next time you get something on it, it will be even harder to remove.

Once you get it clean, protect is with Frenzy! Vinyl Protectant to reduce the problem of "things" getting inbedded into the vinyl.

Our protectant will not stay slippery for long. Once it is adsorbed into the vinyl, it will leave you with longer lasting protection with at least twice the UV protection of any other like product on the market.