Rtech Supercooler replaces Procharger dual carb box >

Rtech Supercooler replaces Procharger dual carb box

Notices

Rtech Supercooler replaces Procharger dual carb box

Old 05-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rtech Supercooler replaces Procharger dual carb box

One of our customers has a 33 Scarab with HP500s. Last year he was running Procharger M-4, 504 intercooler and dual carb box. Over the winter he purchased a pair of polshed supercoolers and Nickerson carbs. The customer's main reason for the change was the difficulty of tuning the dual carb setup; the boat's performance was inconsistent. The installation is now complete and he is dialing it in. I just received the following email from his mechanic:

"Hey tom, thanks for getting back to me so fast, we've been working w/nickerson and made some adjustments, we're definitely making head way here so dave is happy, had it doing 102.9 the other day and it had more, last year I only saw 100 once with the procharger set up, thanks again seth"

When you do this conversion you are actually reducing carb size from 2 X 450 CFM to 750 CFM. You are also reducing intercooler size from 504 in3 to 468 in3. You don't spin the blower any faster, so why should you get a performance increase?

- the overall restriction from blower to intake manifold is reduced
- the distribution of air across the intercooler core is improved
- good single plane intake design as opposed to the old dual quad design
- no air turbulence in the carb box to mess with the carb's fuel metering

We look forward to seeing what this boat can do when it is completely dialed in and propped accordingly. I will try to get some pictures.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:33 AM
Registered

Default Re: Rtech Supercooler replaces Procharger dual carb box

I just got another update from the mechanic dialing in this boat.

Hello Tom...we pretty much have the carburetor issue taken care of...we replaced a carrier seal that went on the outdrive due to a plastic sleeve on the propshaft riding on it...put a different set of props on...the other day we had it doing 106.4mph and it was still climbing. I'll try to get some pictures this weekend and get them out to you. Talk with you later seth

This is very exciting for us. Last year at this time we only had dyno results to brag about. Then in September we did our first boat test and added 8 mph to a M-1 Procharged 502, an increase from 77 to 85 mph in a 25 Baja. I think it is harder to add speed when you're already going 100 mph. Hopefully we will hear the final result after this weekend and get some pictures.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi Tom ,

Got your PM but I can't respond. This board is still screwed up.
Give me a call at 207-232-9273

Kurt
Old 06-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Registered

We have 11 systems out there now and it is a thrill to get the good feedback. The latest sale is two complete supersystems going into a brand new 43 Black Thunder. The custom engines going into the boat are very similar to Nickerson's engine and the drives are Bmax. The customer said that Bmax wants to see dyno sheets when warranty questions come up and 850 HP is their limit. So we are dialing in about 830 HP @ 5600 RPM. I am also finishing up a twin 502 EFI installation in a 35' Fountain with XR drives.