Alpha Drive info >

Alpha Drive info

Notices

Alpha Drive info

Old 05-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Alpha Drive info

Alpha 1 drive locked in the up posistion and took Cylinder apart to install O ring kit and the Cylinder caps seem to be siezed on the shaft . Seems I read where that happens ... Shouldn't they slide on the shaft ? They are at the end of the shaft and can barely turn them with channel Locks ...Thanks
Old 05-27-2004, 06:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Re: Alpha Drive info

Yup, these things are tuff to get off the shafts sometimes because of all the corrosoin under the seals. You need to remove the ram from the cylinder first. This may be a little tuff but should come out.Then you need to install the ram with the cap into a press and press the ram through the end cap. In most cases the end cap looks good on the outside, but once you remove the seals and orings there is usually alot of corrosoin under there. It's cheaper to get a new end cap. OH, BY THE WAY, you need to remove the spring on the end of the rod before you try to press it through the end cap. Also be carefull not to loose the 3 check balls that are under the spring! That sucks!

If you anymore help or have any questions feel free to call the shop or email me.

Pwrbt33- John S.
Offshore Performance
1-877-GOFAST1
410-827-0200
Old 05-28-2004, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Alpha Drive info

Got the caps off ....the O rings in the caps were hard as Rocks ....I think the caps are fine Just Needs new O Ring kit .....Thanks for the info ....