What can you tell me about Barry Grant Carbs >

What can you tell me about Barry Grant Carbs

Notices

What can you tell me about Barry Grant Carbs

Old 06-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What can you tell me about Barry Grant Carbs

What jet sizes did you start with and therfore end up with? I hope to install and water-test tommorow. Rumrunner wanted me with my setup to install a 3.5 PV along with a 1" 4-hole spacer. Reccomended to stick with out of the box jets for the initial setup. I will let ya know how everything goes....
BH
Old 06-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Registered

i started with 76 front and 84 rear.. stock jets in the carb as delivered... i ended up at 74 and 81 after measuring ... at 3500 i am running some nasty fuel consumption numbers.. drop back to 3200 and get the vacuum up some and it really improves.. time to drop the PV...

i have NO ROOM for a spacer under the carb.. hatch clearance is at a premium...
Old 06-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fred,

Is Mark going to build those new motors for you?

Doug
Old 06-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAD-HABIT
What jet sizes did you start with and therfore end up with? I hope to install and water-test tommorow. Rumrunner wanted me with my setup to install a 3.5 PV along with a 1" 4-hole spacer. Reccomended to stick with out of the box jets for the initial setup. I will let ya know how everything goes....
BH
Well had just enough time last night to install and do a quick water test. The thing idled better than I thought it ever could. I am only seeing about 100rpms difference between neutral and in gear idle! Before with my shoebox 4010 Holley it was more like 300! In the short time on the water I did not seem to gain any top end and it feels like I lost a tad bit of response. I also had A backfire thru the carb upon W.O.T. from a dead stop. But no matter what I did I could not get it to happen again?! Acceleration seemed to pick up alot with the Demon. Just didn't see any gain on the top. I also have a slight hesitation going from cruise to W.O.T. I went up two sizes in the secondary spring to the black(which is the strongest available) which didn't seem to improve anything. Also the idle-air mixture might be a little off also. I had to turn the 4 corner idle screws(NICE!!) almost all the way in to get the best idle/vaccum-about 1/2 turn from all the way in...The biggest thing I have noticed is the quality of build and how SMOOTH the thing feels even with the little problems. I have no doubt it just needs a good coulple of hours of test/tune to fine tune everything. So far I have been really impressed. Lasty can anyone tell me why my performance/setup should/shouldn't be any difference from my New Demon and my old 4010 750?

Thanks Guys I will keep you up to date.
BH
Old 07-22-2004, 01:02 PM
merlin540

we have great results also with demons and they work well on our supercharged engines that we race and build