Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cobalt Condurre Info?? >

Cobalt Condurre Info??

Notices

Cobalt Condurre Info??

Old 09-21-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya know...I think a model 10 years later and 2 feet longer would provide the same report.

Small issues for me too. I'm pretty sure there's a leak somewhere as my bilge fills up with an inch or so after about 30 minutes of running, my antenna does not go up at all and I'm a little weary of big chop & wakes at speed.

The hull is probably tough enough to withstand what I put it through, but the feeling of the pounding back to me is not one I want to have often.

One difference I can report is that I have the Volvo duo-prop. My mechanic says he hates them becaue my having one means he can't pay bills!

My trim indicator stopped working too, but that's no big deal. I can live w/o it...
Old 09-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I beleive Cobalt bought the molds of from Carrera of the 30' model in 1983 or so. The Carrera was one heavily built, bad azz rough water boat! I saw a new Cobalt 30' in the water at the Michigan City boat show around around 1984-85 with TRS drives, external steering and Merc's 454cid/440hp engines with GIL exhaust manifolds with dry exhaust. Some guy from Chicago bought it and kept it in New Buffalo, Michigan and I would see it from time to time...but not for a while now. Not sure if the boat is still around the southern Great Lakes area or not anymore.