Bravo Xr Sportmaster Cav Plates

Notices

Bravo Xr Sportmaster Cav Plates

Old 03-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bravo Xr Sportmaster Cav Plates

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
yes that is me. and yes we are coming to havasu thursday before the run. we just booked or tickets today the boat will be in vegas on wed.. keep in touch and we will see you there.. james
i told bill come up here run the delta a little, as hell you are already on the other side of the planet, ; )
we can accomodate u guys if yuo want. have dock space and hell if you want privacy u can stay in my 2 bed two bath floating condo.
Attached Thumbnails Bravo Xr Sportmaster Cav Plates-image016-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-08-2005, 11:50 AM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonas
i told bill come up here run the delta a little, as hell you are already on the other side of the planet, ; )
we can accomodate u guys if yuo want. have dock space and hell if you want privacy u can stay in my 2 bed two bath floating condo.
i wish we could but we are doing like 10 to 12 runs this year..and we both have little ones so we need to be at home as much as posiable..so get them plates on that beak boat so she does not kill them props.. see you in the end of april..james
Old 03-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sportmasters look cool but they will cost you miles per hour. We cut the skeg down to match a stock Bravo and sharpened and contoured the skeg: and got the speed back. This was on a surfacing drive height. The water pickups wouldn't provide more than 12 psi at 100mph, in their stock condition.

Max Works says the bullet causes problems on non-surfacing drives.

The ones we used were some of the early models, I hope they (Merc) made improvements.

The new cavitation plates have 3 or 4 bolts holding them on. We ran with them off, with the high X dimension, and the difference was negligible.

John B
Old 03-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John B
Sportmasters look cool but they will cost you miles per hour. We cut the skeg down to match a stock Bravo and sharpened and contoured the skeg: and got the speed back. This was on a surfacing drive height. The water pickups wouldn't provide more than 12 psi at 100mph, in their stock condition.

The ones we used were some of the early models, I hope they (Merc) made improvements.

The new cavitation plates have 3 or 4 bolts holding them on. We ran with them off, with the high X dimension, and the difference was negligible.

John B

how did it handle after you cut the skeg down? did it still feel ok in turns etc>>>?
my boat. i think is loose as it is.
James what do you think? you got alot of time in this thing..
Old 03-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by John B

John B
what type of boat did you have them on and what did you do to the water picup to get the psi up
Old 03-09-2005, 06:49 AM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jonas
how did it handle after you cut the skeg down? did it still feel ok in turns etc>>>?
my boat. i think is loose as it is.
James what do you think? you got alot of time in this thing..
yes i have had some time in that boat it runs great with the power it has in it. but i can tell you when it throws a cav plate it will not hardly get on plane when bill had the boat built the factory raised the x like a factory 2 boat. thats why we he put the -2 shorties on we had to go back and spacer it down. it threw several plates until he had it welded. i would take the whole setup off and put on the revised plates that bolt on at 3 places.. the welds are not going to hold up very long.. as before he sold it it threw a welded plate.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This post has most of the information:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ht=sportmaster
another:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ht=sportmaster

The handling was fine, the same as the stock Bravo. They were the same X dimension.

Last edited by John B; 03-09-2005 at 08:20 PM.