Holley carb I.D. ?!! >

Holley carb I.D. ?!!

Notices

Holley carb I.D. ?!!

Old 07-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley carb I.D. ?!!

I need to ID my holley carb so I can get the correct carb rebuild kit, get it rebuilt and on the boat so I can get on the water this weekend. Unfortunately the ID tag isn't on it. I don't trust any on the local parts stores to properly ID it. Can anyone tell me how to ID this carb so I can get on the water. I believe it a 650 4 barrel. Unfortunately that all I know. I don't even know if it an automotive or marine carb. It's on a '81 260hp/350. I may be the original carb but I doubt it. I've looked it over well and there are allot of numbers cast or stamped on just about every piece of the carb. Is there any way to ID this so I can get the right kit. Any help would be great, thanks.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Registered

Default Re: Holley carb I.D. ?!!

Originally Posted by formulaz583
On the choke horn, facing the front of the engine there is a 4 digit number, or a 4 digit number with a dash after it, and a single number. That is the holley list number, that you need. You can then go to the Holley web site, or a holley catalog and see what you have, and also find out which rebuild kit you need.
That you for the help. Carbs aren't my thing. Can you explain what the choke horn is. I'm assuming its the part that stick up where the chock would be. This carb however doesn't have a choke. Will it still have a choke horn?

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:39 AM
Danny_Ocean

Go here to see where your numbers are stamped:

http://www.cfiworld.com/everythingca...num/holley.htm

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Old 07-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Danny_Ocean
Go here to see where your numbers are stamped:

http://www.cfiworld.com/everythingca...num/holley.htm

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA
Thanks but that doesn't show a carb like mine. I looked the carb over again and it doesn't have a choke horn at all. On the top of the main body of the carb it says 6P 6910 B(or 3). The "6910" have an elongated circle around them.

Last edited by Caincando1; 07-06-2004 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Danny_Ocean

Well...according to the Holley site, a D-6910 (only reference I could find) is a 4165 800cfm carb using rebuild kit 37-1537. Then again, that could be some type of casting #...send an e-mail to Holley Tech Support. They'll be able to help.

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Old 07-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aparently someone milled off the choke shroud for more airflow. If it is a 4165 it is a spreadbore. w/ vac-secondaries. Can you get me an exact diameter of the primary and secondary throttle body holes? This will help me help you ID the carb. If it is a Holley marine carb the first indication is that it will have the "J" spill tubes. Can you send me a picture?

Roby
Old 07-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by robyw1
Aparently someone milled off the choke shroud for more airflow. If it is a 4165 it is a spreadbore. w/ vac-secondaries. Can you get me an exact diameter of the primary and secondary throttle body holes? This will help me help you ID the carb. If it is a Holley marine carb the first indication is that it will have the "J" spill tubes. Can you send me a picture?

Roby
I tried to reference that number too and it must not be a part number. This carb is a square bore with mechanical secondaries. The gas is squited right in the middle of the barrels if that matters. No J tubes so it must be and auto carb. It also must be rare, cus I've been searching all over the net and can't find it.

Sorry no pic, I don't have a digicam. The carb is at home so I can't measure it. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Danny_Ocean
send an e-mail to Holley Tech Support. They'll be able to help.

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA
I'm thinking that may be the best thing to do. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by formulaz583
if you can't ID it, a way around it is to buy the Holley Trick Kit. The Trick kits come with the correct parts to service all Holley Hi Po Carbs. Just check your old gaskets against the ones in the kit, and use the correct ones. BTY, if its a square bore, Mech secondary, FWIW, its a 4150 model. (unless its one of a couple oddballs like the street avenger)
My bad its a square bore with Vac. secondarys. Apparently someone milled off the choke flang so the numbers are gone. Without those number I can't get a specific rebuild kit because the 4150 has more than one kit. I'll check into the Trick kit, thats may be my only solution. Thanks
Old 07-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Caincando1
I'm thinking that may be the best thing to do. Thanks.

Talked to a Holley tech, what a waste. He said it the choke flange has been milled of then there is no way it can be ID'd. Come on you can't tell me the "Pros" at Holley can't even figure out what carb this is.

Quick Reply: Holley carb I.D. ?!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.