oil flow direction >

oil flow direction

Notices

oil flow direction

Old 07-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil flow direction

ok strange question but here it goes. on the adapter that mounts to my motor fot the remote oil filter there is a center fitting and a side fitting. which one flows out? then on the remote oil filter itself there is a lso a center and side fitting so i can only assume the side ditting from the adapter goes to the side ditting on the remote oil filter then out of the oil fillter center fitting to my oil cooler and back to the center fitting on my motor mounted adapter. doest that sound right.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: oil flow direction

The outside fitting on the remote is the OUT, the middle fitting should be IN. We like to filter the oil before it goes into the cooler. Some people like to cool it before you filter. If to many people tell you different, take a hose off and just bump the motor over and see which line the oil comes out of.(make sure you remove the coil wire) Also make sure you have the oil coming out of the center of the oil filter, you really dont want that one backwards!

Pwrbt33
Offshore Performance
1-877-GOFAST1
410-827-0200

Last edited by Pwrbt33; 07-11-2004 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree as well and you don't want to reverse the one's at the remote filter for sure. I did once and you don't get oil pressure/flow. Also, if reverse them when you start your engine, notice no oil pressure, then go to take the oil filter off, it will blow it off once you reach the last thread or so! If you look at the outer holes on the filter (Fram anyway), you'll notice a rubber flap covering them. If you try to run oil in the center and OUT of outer holes on the filter, the rubber flap acts like a check valve and seals off the holes, thus the pressure build-up resulting in blowing the filter off when you go to remove it. It's my understanding that the reason for the the rubber flap in the filter is to prevent the oil from draining down when the engine was turned off and set-up for a while.

Al
Old 07-12-2004, 01:51 PM
BlownBajaOnHavasu

i plumbed it backward once, and had oil pressure, but ruined two motors. it was bypassing just enough oil through the cold engine start valve to give the motor a little oil, and pressure. wasn't easy to diagonose.