Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
good outdrive shop around CT/LONG ISLAND area? >

good outdrive shop around CT/LONG ISLAND area?

Notices

good outdrive shop around CT/LONG ISLAND area?

Old 08-28-2004, 06:45 AM
krypto 1 in CT

Default good outdrive shop around CT/LONG ISLAND area?

Im thinking of having some work done to my outdrive over the winter.I have a bravo 1 with imco gears and shafts /bearings e.c.t in the upper but nothing done to the lower with standered small prop shaft.im turning a 34 bravo prop to around 5400rpms @94+ and figure its only time until the prop is at the bottom of the water so i want to get the xr lower conversion kit installed but i dont have a good local shop. im in need of a good outdrive shop around CT or even LONG ISLAND.Any recomendations?.thanks sean

Old 08-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Kirk

Default Re: good outdrive shop around CT/LONG ISLAND area?

Sean,

How is the boat running?

Give Holden Kramer a call. He is a friend of mine and does meticulous work. He also has a 100 mph Kryptonite. He is in Mamaroneck, NY.
914 262-1898
Tell him Kirk told you to call. Good luck!!!

Kirk Rogers
Kryptonite Power Boats

Old 08-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Kirk

Sean,
Please give me a call. 631 484-8838

Holden and some other boats are getting together for a run up the Hudson tomorrow.
They are leaving out of Mamoroneck. Maybe you could join them. I am considering coming up with a boat to run with also.

Let me know if you are interested.

Kirk

Old 08-29-2004, 08:59 AM
krypto 1 in CT

Hey kirk good to here from you.sorry im a little late for the run.let me know when you get another meet together.I was out on the water yesterday actually took the boat over to huntington bay LI yesterday and didnt get online line until this morning.the boats close to being dialed in now.i had to have the motor gone through and did some stuff to it edlebrock aluminum heads,12qt teauge pan and a good 4340 bottom end.still fooling with props 31 hydro qiv was tapping the rev limtter with a 5600 chip.put on a bravo 1 34 and got 94.4 with 1110 lbs of passengers and 3/4 tank in real thick air with like 20% slip.now i just put on a 33 hydro this week and havnt got good enough water yet to see.hopfully its a little tall and ill get it labbed and bring it right to where i want it at around 5400/5500rpms it should see at least a solid 97mph.ill give you a ring early in the week.i was wanting to ask you has anyone ran a 1 inch imco shorty on the hull?to me it seems you already have the x demension about as high up as possible.thanks for the outdrive guys # ill give him a call this week to set somthing up.is he the guy who did the outdrive i have on it?.its the one you got for the last owner rob.sean

Old 08-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts

Krypto1, Is your boat the all yellow Kryptonite I saw in Norwalk this past weekend? I was out in my O.L. in that area. Tom
Old 08-30-2004, 12:19 PM
ttytwstr19

Call the guys at Ocean Performance(Old Saybrook, Ct.) - Talk to Ronnie in service - 860-388-6000. They did an awesome job on my 38' Lightning - Good luck. Jon

Old 08-30-2004, 02:48 PM
krypto 1 in CT

yeah that was it all yellow with a white rub rail.was that your OL tied up out there near us off of westport.that thing sounded real mean sounded like big inch NATURAL ASPERATED MOTORS?.the krypto is there tied up for a few coronas at least 1 day of the weekend.

Old 08-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts

Krpto, Yes we were tied off my brothers 36 Formula PC "Next Friday". My OL has 557's with 10-71's that we built. We will probably be at the Crab Shell in Stamford on Weds. I have a shop on LI that can service your outdrive. We can also service speedmaster 3-5 drives . Tom
Old 09-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Kirk

Sean,
Glad to hear you are enjoying the boat. I have set up some rigs with higher X dimensions than yours but I don't think there is any gain. You start to lose a little lift if you go too high. We have had good luck with the Hydro 5 blade props. The slip factor goes way down and they really stay hooked up. Even if the top speed doesn't change the cruising speed goes up consideraby.

Let me know how you make out with your testing.

Kirk

Old 09-02-2004, 06:01 AM
krypto 1 in CT

Well i had to open my mouth about the outdrive needing to get beefed up.i blew it last nite.kirk,check out the (went 96.2 and blew the outdrive) post.its got some more speed left in it.we felt a vibration and the boat started making a surging like it had some broken teeth in the outdrive like a slip grab slip grab.and while backing off the outdrive went.lucky some nice people with a donzi center cosole were nice enough to tow us in.kirk any strong outdrives around there for sale.how about holden?.sean