Corsa Captains Call >

Corsa Captains Call

Notices

Corsa Captains Call

Old 08-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Captains Call

As I was coming into a no wake zone today I flipped the switch on my Corsa Captains Call so I could listen to the radio, when I flipped it back I got no response, nothing, no fun....when I opened the hatch I could pull the arm open so it was open and then flip the switch so it was silent but it would not open again with the switch, only close....tried several times........... Any Help????
Old 08-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Registered

Default Re: Corsa Captains Call

There should be an in-line fuse someplace in the harness. In my boat, cobalt 223 with 454mag it is above the left valve cover looking at the engine. I keep a set of fuses on the boat, it just seams to pop them once in a while.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They will stay egaged if you flip them by hand, and will shut off by using the switch, yet they will not renergize again? Check to the single red wire voltage coming out of the wiring harness right at the push button breaker on the motor. If it is low, either from a bad connection at the starter or battery issues, you may not be getting the full voltage to engage and hold the solinoids. Did they appear to move slowly when you tried to engage them then they went back to the quiet mode? I had this exact same problem this weekend with mine on one of my motors. I found out by switching my batteries with the battery switches, they worked normal. My accessory battery has been not holding a charge this summer off and on. For chits and giggles, unplug one of the valves and see if the other then operates. Then do the same with the other. If they work individually, then you have a 12v power issue.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 08-30-2004 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:28 AM
Registered

The circuit breaker had popped, reset it and now they snap open and closed like they should. It must have been the gravitational pull from the full moon that tripped the breaker.