Good oil pan for Big Block Chevy's >

Good oil pan for Big Block Chevy's

Notices

Good oil pan for Big Block Chevy's

Old 09-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Good oil pan for Big Block Chevy's

Thanks everyone for all the info. Looks like Stef's makes a great oil pan. I thought they only did pans for drag cars. This board has some great people contributing to it.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

Baja,i used the Hardin 14 qt pan on my big block,it works good now that its installed but it had a real pi--poor fit and if you weren't real meticulous installing it i would almost guarentee it would leak,so from personal experience i would reccommend against it,Smitty
Old 09-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Registered

I used the Canton oil pans on my stroked 454's. I was quote impressed with the fit and quality (and price).

http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/...ine/chevy.html
Part # 18-300

Also works as an engine stand...
Bryan
Old 09-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Steff's pans are extremely expensive, but are some very nice pieces. I happen to own two of their pans. They're are nicely engineered, have excellent welds, are very strong, and have very ridged/strong pan rails, and a nice accurate fit.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the Stef's pans powdercoated?
Old 09-16-2004, 07:34 AM
Registered

Talking Re: Good oil pan for Big Block Chevy's

Originally Posted by Bryanw
I used the Canton oil pans on my stroked 454's. I was quote impressed with the fit and quality (and price).

http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/...ine/chevy.html
Part # 18-300

Also works as an engine stand...
Bryan
I have used Canton pans in the past and have been happy with them. I was looking at the #18-380 or #18-364 if the Stef's pans turn out to be out of my price range. I prefer a pan with a deep sump area as opposed to a full length sump. I believe that with all the motion in a marine engine a deep sump will keep the pick-up covered better. Any thoughts on what starter set up would work with the Canton #18-364?

How do you guys work on the bottom end when you use these pans as engine stands?
Old 09-16-2004, 09:13 AM
cstraub69@comcast

Kaama, thanks.

Cig1988,
They are shot with an epoxy type paint. We do alot of custom stuff for boat builders and engine builders and have a powder coater we use on special paint orders. Pans are also available in polished stainless steel. . .mandatory for all Cup pans.

Chris

Old 09-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by baja208
I have used Canton pans in the past and have been happy with them. I was looking at the #18-380 or #18-364 if the Stef's pans turn out to be out of my price range. I prefer a pan with a deep sump area as opposed to a full length sump. I believe that with all the motion in a marine engine a deep sump will keep the pick-up covered better. Any thoughts on what starter set up would work with the Canton #18-364?

How do you guys work on the bottom end when you use these pans as engine stands?
Are you looking at the correct Stef's pan? Also if too expensive what were you quoted? Maybe I can help. I have pics of the Stef's pan that you describe that you want. e-mail me and I will reply with some pics. [email protected]
Old 09-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by baja208
I don't work on it when it's sitting on the pan. I use a normal engine stand.
But you can put one on the pan when working on the other.

Bryan
Old 09-16-2004, 02:10 PM
krypto 1 in CT

teauge now makes there own pans.I called them to order a gill pan from the teauge catalauge and was told that they now only sell there own pans.so i bought there 10qt pan with all the hardware.looks like a real nice setup and has a bung for a oil temp sender.the only problem is the oil drain hose that they made up is steel braided #6 or #8 and the end cap is to big to fit through the drain plug hole in the hull so its worthless.there not cheap either.with all the hardware and the drain hose kit it was around $680

Quick Reply: Good oil pan for Big Block Chevy's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.