Water in Bildge ? >

Water in Bildge ?

Notices

Water in Bildge ?

Old 10-12-2004, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in Bildge ?

I have a 1995 32' Fountain Fever with twin 502's. I am getting water in my bildge and in the V-berth porta poti storage space. Also under the cabin step which has a 1" scew access plug. When I remove the plug I can stick my finger in and feel the top of the gas tank. I used a wet vaccum and sucked out about 15 gallons of water. Does anybody have an idea of where this water is coming from and how to prevent it in the future.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:00 AM
driveumhard

Default Re: Water in Bildge ?

I used to get water in a previous boat and wasn't sure just where it came from. Best thing to do is try to keep the boat in doors when not in use or purchase a full mooring cover.

I hope this helps.

Old 10-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Registered

I had a couple of leaks around the base of my rails and around my front hatch. The hatch would drip into the porta potti storage and it would get soaked in there. The base of one of my rails let water into the storage area under my cabin seats. I didn't notice those until I went in to look for something. I resealed all the spots and its staying dry so far. I don't get down to the boat everyday so I never saw the leaks until someone was in the cabin while I was washing the boat down. My bilge still gets a lot of water after a good rain even with the cockpit cover on. Soak it down and see if anything comes in....I'm sure with a little digging you'll find it.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Registered

I have the same problem with my 38. I resealed the deck hatches and that made some difference but the deck rails is where most of it is coming from.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have manual pop up cleats and they are not backed with waterproof cups or sealed properly when they were installed they will allow water to come in. (As in everytime it rained or I washed the boat).

Inside the cleat sockets are indents to allow the cleats to stay up and indents to allow the cleats to stay down. Some have permanent adhesive stickers over these indent holes which wear out or are damaged when installated, which results in water getting inside.

Know this from experience with my boat. Just my .02.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Registered

I don't think rain water or wash water is my problem. I store it with a full cover on and never find water in it when its just sitting . I was out over night and saw that the port bildge pump light stayed on, I could not hear the pump running. I thought that the pump went bad and the indicator light was telling me such because the star. pump was not on. In the morning found battery dead and bildge with water almost to top of stringers. Hauled ass to marina...at home I found the water in the forward areas.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get some water in the bilge on my 32. I think it is coming in through the swim platform when I stop after a run. Its never came up to the stringers though. What about your speedo pick up tube, is it sealed good?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Registered

Most likely place is around the outdrives. Back it into the water on the trailer. See if you can see where water is coming in around the drives. Could be UJoint bellows, shift bellows, or transom seal leak for starters.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twig111
Most likely place is around the outdrives. Back it into the water on the trailer. See if you can see where water is coming in around the drives. Could be UJoint bellows, shift bellows, or transom seal leak for starters.
yep. Been there.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Registered

Swim Platform on my 24CS. When I would stop or be sitting and a wake came up over, it leaked in. I sealed around the swim platform (where it is sealed together). It sounds like yours is a newer leak (or at least getting worse and pretty substantial.... sound slike outdrives or something you hit on the bottom of the hull.

Quick Reply: Water in Bildge ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.