The real poop on 500hp's

Notices

The real poop on 500hp's

Old 10-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: The real poop on 500hp's

I just cked there site, it has a 175 at seat at 1.900, must be the reason for the longer valve the get the seat pres down ,but the rest is the same . It is a silicone spring though and I like it because of standard BBC 1.550 dia spring ,not odd ball dia.I have even run the 1.550 on some small blocks I have built On the stock head ya might need to open it up?spring Seat

I wonder why there recommend the 10 degree lock over the 7 . The 7 has more meat in it.

Out of all the guys and engine builders on this board does anybody use anything different than the Crane 748 cam in the 500 efis???.I think this cam was probably in the line before the 500efi came out??

Most of the off the shelf cams are cut on 110 or less. so you would have to have a custom ground cam.$$ I have seen some guys have some cut at 114 ,there claim [reason] on the blower motors to cool the exhaust valve???

I know we are over analyzing this especially at this hp level,but when your running these things at wfo at minutes at a time or putting blowers on them it cant hurt

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts
Default Re: The real poop on 500hp's

Rob,i think you got the 7 degree and 10 degree locks backwards. The sevens can pull thru the retainer easier because they aren't as beefy,Smitty