Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Pro and cons of a PROCHARGER >

Pro and cons of a PROCHARGER

Notices

Pro and cons of a PROCHARGER

Old 10-16-2004, 04:07 PM
driveumhard

Default Pro and cons of a PROCHARGER

Anyone had great results of applying a procharger? I've heard of some working and most not worth the extra $$$.

Old 10-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts
Default Re: Pro and cons of a PROCHARGER

when i originally installed a procharger i took my boat ( a502 mag,272 baja)from being a 62 mph boat to a 78 mph boat. There are not many mods that will give you 16 real mph other than more cubic inches,Smitty
Old 10-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got 2 x M3s and intercoolers for sale.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by driveumhard
Anyone had great results of applying a procharger? I've heard of some working and most not worth the extra $$$.
If you are interested, ProCharger is running a sale until October 30. Call 614-545-2628, most often supercharger is installed for less than the MSRP.

Tommy
Old 10-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They sound like a box of marbles rolling around under the hood

The ones that I have seen are amazing the performance that you can ESPECIALLY when combined with the super chiller.

Jon
Old 10-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Set up is key!!!!! If the fuel delivery and carb is not set up right you will have problems.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Registered

I feel the procharger or vortech is easier on the bravo drive then the whipple. Whipple has full boost when throttle is open at any rpm. Procharger builds boost as RPM goes up thus does not have the torque that the whipple has. Procharger has good products but there tech support has sucked in the past. Better to get tech support from here on OSO. When I was looking I went with the procharger because I was afraid of having to go efi with the package I was looking for to get it to fit under the engine cover. The Procharger M4 package had carbs and was priced way cheaper. Tomcat has done some tests with his suppercooler & gotten some impressive HP numbers
Old 10-17-2004, 11:12 AM
Registered

Procharger, I have not used procharger however, I have used Plenty of Vortech chargers. Let me clear something up for you. A supercharger does not no anything other than to spin and move air. Some create more psi such as a centrifical (Vortech) charger. Some just move air from the top to the bottom.(roots) You here a lot of bad things about certian chargers because some guys installing do not no more about a supercharger and the way they should be set up then what the directions say. Some manufactureres directions are not the best way to go about supercharging. Such as just increasing fuel psi vs remapping the computer etc. Yes a centrifical will create less torque down low, because they are not spooled up like a turbo yet. If going with a procharger I would suggest consulting a professional about the proper way to set it up so you have no major problems.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Registered

Procharger Is The Only To Go If You Need Any Info Or Tech ? Awnsered Call Kunkels Ask For Jason He Has Put Many Of These In With No Problems They Will Give U The Most Speed And Performance For The Buck 1 419 529 4446
Old 10-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am happy with my procharger carb version . I do have a nickerson carb though. Those guys are right setup is important, then you shouldnt need to touch it . Greg
Attached Thumbnails Pro and cons of a PROCHARGER-img_0415.jpg  

Quick Reply: Pro and cons of a PROCHARGER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.